Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hillcrest Estate - Durbanville

Andre
    In Wellington all the dams are on a farm mostly and you need permission. Foxenburg, just on the other side of Groenberg, they have a dam with bass, can always try there. I have been scouting the Bergriver in Paarl and there is a lot of Carp,especially from the bridge at the policestation but will have to wait for summer that the level drops a bit. And there are two dams on Paarl mountain but i haven't fished them yet but heard there use to be trout, but there are bass.

Thanks Francois. I've heard about the carp and bass in the river. A friend of mine that stays in Paarl also caught a rainbow trout in that river, but I believe it was higher up though - towards the golf course. I'm just a bit concerned about safety at this river though.
    André

Fly fishing noob

It is curious - curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare ~ Mark Twain

Hey Guys

Has anyone fished Hillcrest lately? Do they still allow fishing and is the price still R75.
    I'm weighing up my options for a bit of "casting practice" this sunday.

Regards
    Jody

Hi All,

Fished here on Monday. Thought I would try it out as it's really close to where I stay and really wanted to try out my rod. (first fly rod purchased last week, Xplorer Classic II #3) .

Didn't really expect much but the water looked good and turns out there are lots of small bass all around the dam so was good fun! There were also quite a few big bass rising the whole morning but was too scared to go for them with 6x tippet haha still getting used to the lightness of fly rods

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123