Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Durban Harbour

Quote Originally Posted by dpammenter View Post
    what's the current state of durban harbour?
    Lets just say there should be WAY MORE structure, received some picks via mail of a container laying on its side in the harbor with all the “containers and stuff fallen into the water…. Hence my thread on tragedy or blessing - FISHING wise! I am convinced there should be more and bigger fish - easier targetable due to the tragic events. But lets face it – fish wont give a sh1t about what disaster clean up is going on “on shore” all they are goanna see is “deep pools” and “big structure” yippee….. might only be wishful thinking though… should be able to report on it when I get back!
    No one does it smaller then me!

are there places to fish from? i know there's been mention of wading along on the sand banks - is this still possible? are they even still there?!?!
    the patient mental...

By the way, I'm in shipping for my sins.

Two 'spoof' e-mails doing the rounds with pics of ships

The ship lying on it's side is in Antwerp not Durban

And the pic of the bulk carrier with waves crashing ove rit was actually taken in the North Atlantic couple of years ago

Not to say that Durban Harbour is any safer than eithe rwith some of the skellums around!

Ha ha, no it is still Durban harbour!! Some of the guys got some fish in the harbour yesterday, so it must be OK now. I can't vouch for Umkomaas, Umdloti & other places where roads are now gone!! Hopefully the estuaries are now open.

Cheers

Alan
    Born to fish, forced to work

Hi Bluegill

It seem syou know your salty story..

Will you show me some of your methods when i am next in Dbn????

Thanks

Wade
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

Hi Wade

Of course, no problem at all, it would be great.

Cheers

Alan

Very Kind of you Alan

If you PM me your number and i will call you closer to the time

Regards

Wade
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

Default Durbs new spots?

these guys in durbs...i've fished the harbour numerous times but not recently due to a knee operation thanks to rugby..
    I hear of some spots i havent tried before..anyone keen on taking a relative rookie out sometime? I've managed to get grunter and tons of gurnards off the sandbanks and seen springer and larger mullet taken there on fly. It's safest to go in a group of okes.
    It'll be in a month or so cos my knee's pretty screwed at the moment and i'm on crutches...

Thanks guys

Paul

Hi Paul

Drop us a mail when you are ready & we will give it a bash. I know the police again had issues on Sunday with some mates of mine. They have no problem with us fishing the banks, just that our vehicles are not official vehicles & that is the problem. We can still get to the channels from the other side depending on the tide. The best months are usually summer for Kingies but I try throughout the year. I am also carrying a recent rugby injury (I have to give this game up now at 41!!!) so we can share some war stories.

Cheers

Alan

Howzit Alan.
    Thanks for the reply. Ja, i'm keen. Just spent some cash today stocking up on fly tying material and hooks etc so i can tie while i'm man down and do something constructive and fishing-based. Good stuff. I've been itching to fish those other banks on the opposite side for ages but i've never known exactly where to go..plus it;s not the safest place so a group is better than on your own.
    Haha, the knee's pretty sore. Can't wait till i dont have to use crutches anymore...

I will definitely get hold of you in a few weeks time. Very keen to get some fishing there and meet another fly fisherman from the area.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by bluegill View Post
    Hi Paul

Drop us a mail when you are ready & we will give it a bash. I know the police again had issues on Sunday with some mates of mine. They have no problem with us fishing the banks, just that our vehicles are not official vehicles & that is the problem. We can still get to the channels from the other side depending on the tide. The best months are usually summer for Kingies but I try throughout the year. I am also carrying a recent rugby injury (I have to give this game up now at 41!!!) so we can share some war stories.

Cheers

Alan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2