Thread: Fly swap

Default Fly swap

Hi all, maybe im being forward in asking but im going to give it a shot!

I am going to be at the coast for 10 days in December and I have never fished salt water with a fly rod before, and I seriously want to give it a go!

Now I dont have a clue on what flies to tie, to get or anything!!!! I was thinking if someone would like to swap me some salty flies for some of my fresh water flies...???

Just some of the more popular flies that I can use fishing the lagoons or what ever???? Atleast I will have some samples to tie some more flies with.

If someone wants to do a swap lemme know what flies I can tie up for you

Tjorts
    ..there we were..5 against 100.. ..Man did we F@k those 5 up..!

China, you more than welcome to raid my saltwater flyboxes, I've got plenty! I can't guarantee they'll catch you fish though......
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

if you join us at boskop i'll bring along a couple of clousers, deceivers, flippers and crease flies ... should keep you going
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

FlyFanatic Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by rory View Post
    China, you more than welcome to raid my saltwater flyboxes, I've got plenty! I can't guarantee they'll catch you fish though......
    hmm.. /me also going to fish the salty for first time in december!

Gwydion, im going to Stilbaai, you?

Will seriously have to start tying, anyone have suggestions on what type of salty hooks I must get? Already have some chartreuse and blue bucktail, combined with some flash and foam im sure ill be able to create some type of fly to chuck at them slat fishies!

Quote Originally Posted by firephish View Post
    if you join us at boskop i'll bring along a couple of clousers, deceivers, flippers and crease flies ... should keep you going
    When you going??
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Ive litteraly got an icecream box full of old salty flies which you are more than welcome to. Im a bit anal when it comes to my boxes so all the odd ones get booted to and old box. I just keep them around for the hooks. You send me an adress and I send you a handful or two.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Lekke Rory, I will pm you so we can get to gether And I`ve seen your flies man, they are awesome!! I caught my first muddie off of one of your flies

Cool man, Ill be there!!

Gwydion, im going to Stilbaai, you?
    I was going to hermanus, but now I will be @ rocky bay, south coast. Where bout is stilbaai?? If its not too far we should meet up and cast a line for sure!!

Ive litteraly got an icecream box full of old salty flies which you are more than welcome to. Im a bit anal when it comes to my boxes so all the odd ones get booted to and old box. I just keep them around for the hooks. You send me an adress and I send you a handful or two.
    Dude thats awesome, thanks! I will send you a pm and gladly return the favour

Shot gents, much appreciated
    ..there we were..5 against 100.. ..Man did we F@k those 5 up..!