Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Reports???

Default Reports???

Gents, all the fun seems to have gone out of this forum. We all love fishing, and we all live vicariously through each other's catches. I have a new-born and haven't fished much of late, so the silence is KILLING me!!

Is anyone catching any Leeries anywhere??? Please!

PM's will be accepted.

From the EC I can report that conditions have been very difficult after the heavy rains 2 weeks ago as the rivers are still carring a lot of sediment. Heavy ocean swell and strong tides are not helping matters. Since the beginning of March I only have 1 gurnet and a small garrick to show for my efforts. I did see a monster garrick caught, last week, on live bait in the Swartkops river as the incoming tide pushed in " clean water". Lets hope the water clears before the end of summer!

Speaking of heavy ocean swells, Durban is currently experiencing waves in the region of 7m, due to some 80 year phenomonen involving something to do with planetary alignment apparently. I reckon the salty guys are going to be struggling for a while up here:

Cave Rock on The Bluff this morning. Backline is normally just behind where the first foamy is seen in the photo:

North Beach Durban:

Another at North Beach:

Last edited by ShaunF; 19-03-07 at 03:07 PM.

The Wimpy at North Beach:

Last edited by ShaunF; 19-03-07 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    hmmmm
    crease fly, or clouser?
    the patient mental...

Gonna need something that pushes a bit of water. Crease fly wont do it. Perhaps the now famous Parachute Seal fly. Might be some Tigersharks in there somewhere.

Talking

hi
    went to strand yesterday, wind being quite light in durbanville. first sight was the brown conditions, second was the sand blowing down the main road and leaving sandblast impressions on all surfaces. no bait guys on the beach. in fact the only people that were out were the ones living in the flats, bringing those shitty little dogs to poop on the beach and none of them with poop scoop.
    end of fishing report
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by dpammenter View Post
    hmmmm
    crease fly, or clouser?
    remember don't cast too far... goats in shorebreak, someone in midbreak, cows lurking in backline...... check your knots
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

Hi there guys

There was an insert about the red tide on TV news last night. Apparently the algae bloom in False Bay can cause serious problems if we get a sudden increase in temperatures over the next few weeks. An increase in temps will lead to most of the algae dying and this in turn would cause a sudden and drastic decrease in the oxygen levels in the water, which will mean that loads more fish will die.

Not good news or prospects for the remainder of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    Hi there guys

There was an insert about the red tide on TV news last night. Apparently the algae bloom in False Bay can cause serious problems if we get a sudden increase in temperatures over the next few weeks. An increase in temps will lead to most of the algae dying and this in turn would cause a sudden and drastic decrease in the oxygen levels in the water, which will mean that loads more fish will die.

Not good news or prospects for the remainder of the season.
    so basically we need loads of wind to blow the tide away quickly. weather beeing hot as it is. so few fish have been coming out there we can't afford to lose what's left

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast