Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Reports???

double weedless then.....you can throw that bad boy over the thickest lily pads and he wont hook up.....
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

just maybe she is one of those who may be interested in a Merkin??? .. but be CAREFUL of crabs!!!
    http://www.merkinworld.com/
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

LMFAO! Now I get it... could work if you prefer going commando in yer wader...

hi
    could only get a chance now, been very busy today and yesterday did not get online
    my friend reineir and myself fished hermanus lagoon on sat morning. the water was cold, approx 16 deg. we covered a fair bit of water and i was lucky to have the strike first. my friend was quite a distance away and i needed to land this fish at all costs, (could feel it was not a baby baby)
    i get it over the grass, after much fighting and walk it into the shallow water.
    as i pick it up to put in my basket, it unhooks and falls in the water, i drop everything and grab wildly. luckily i get the tail. there's seaweed in the fish's mouth and i gently pull it out. the bugger bites me and immediately blood all over, i am trying to get the camera out and bleeding on my daughters camera case, rinse, bleed ,rinse, bleed, panic and snap a few hasty blury shots of my leerie....all 50cm. still think i'll get a good shot as i release it, bam and it's gone, no photo. looking at the photos today, we realise it was a bladdy shad,
    and what a nice one. you guys that get the shots, well done i was shaking all the time.
    anyway, my biggest shad.
    i did post in the catch report
    cheers
    Last edited by rols; 28-05-07 at 11:30 PM. Reason: sp
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

hahaha, must have been quite a sight! Well done Roland!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

a feather in your cap. your post a while ago about the place we can't talk about...i saw the grass and the baitfish. so i stepped way back, not to disturb them and cast from there. the grass was at a *** spot as you had about 3m of it in front, and shallow but thats what they were patrolling.
    not disturbing them was the key
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

Nice fish Roland. I have seen a few freshwater anglers stick a finger in a salty fish's mouth - isn't always pretty. But they soon learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Elliott View Post
    Nice fish Roland. I have seen a few freshwater anglers stick a finger in a salty fish's mouth - isn't always pretty. But they soon learn!
    yep you got it there. second set of anti whatever cream my wife is putting on but it still stings like hell. the best is, my friend says you must pee on the wound. i get in the shower, put the hot tap on, obviously the sound of water
    makes the other "tap" want to work, so i do the deed, forgetting to put the cold tap on, so my finger is burning from the type "O" recycled and my back is burning from the type "geyser". you learn quick as you say

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    a feather in your cap. your post a while ago about the place we can't talk about...i saw the grass and the baitfish. so i stepped way back, not to disturb them and cast from there. the grass was at a *** spot as you had about 3m of it in front, and shallow but thats what they were patrolling.
    not disturbing them was the key
    congratulations on cracking the code!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

you know whats nice about this forum, you can learn, you can talk sh!t. or you can be inspired. it's also about people helping you to become inspired. i'm not the fishing hero, i like the way i fish, i like my fishing partner, i want to learn more, you posted a long time back about. loving to go off on your own and explore new waters etc and not being a sheep. that made me change my thinking, and has upped my goals. you got a bit of flack for revealing some areas or strategys...... thanks

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9