Thread: PE Flyfishermen

Default PE Flyfishermen

Would any of you PE boys be able to help an overseas visitor? I tried but I'm just not up to scratch with happenings there anymore.

Here's his request.

Default PE

What are you looking for advise or guiding?

Not me Juan, another bloke from Sexyloops.

I'll ask him to post on Flytalk.

Hi Guys,
    I am the guy from Sexyloops Kevin was talking about. He was kind enough to post a link for me on this board. I registered today and allready had a look arround at the website and the forum. It looks great.

Anyway, why i am here is this:
    Just this week way me and my girlfriend were invited to come over to PE to visit my girlfirends brother and his wife and kids for X-mas. I live in The Netherlands and I don't get opportunities like this very often so the first thing i did after booking the flight was see and try to find information on the possibillities to go flyfishing while i am in PE.

So what i am looking for is advice on what rods, flies etc. I should take with me. And if possible see if anybody wants to go fishing with me while I am there.
    From what i've read so far i am very interested in going after the Leerfish.
    But I don't really know what to expect since i've never fished in PE before so whatever you can tell me, or direct me to is probably of help.

Cheers,
    Rudy

ps i will be in PE from the 24th of december untill the 2nd of january

Not too many takers Rudy, probably the time of year.

Anyway, turns out I'm going to be in SA for all of December. Mostly in Plett and PE. I'm happy to take you out on the Swartkops in Dad's boat if I'm around. I'll just have to find out when and where to go.

Any other Flytalkers gonna be around between Xmas and New Year? Perhaps we can get a group together?

yikes
    i wish i was in the area, 'cause i'll take you out somewhere. c'mon PE guys
    i know it's still a long time till dec, the man needs some help there.
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Chances are that I might be visiting my folks in PE over that period. I have not had too much luck in December in the estuaries on fly though- usually a combination of too many boats on the water and things being better up Transkei way. We could always go flog some water though- but I really cannot confirm yet- December is a mile away and I have no idea what my work situation is going to be like over that time.

At the very least we can go and clunk some rapalas over stupid kob in the Sundays and Gamtoos...

Perhaps a serious grunter and striped mullet session in the swartkops will also be in order?
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Sounds good Kev, we can just get out early before all the holidaymakers are up. I used to do a bit of kayaking Redhouse way and always trolled a rapala out the back for the odd leerie - some nice fish even that far up.

I'll be in Gauteng / Pilanesburg for week from 19 November, then in PE until about 10 Dec, then Plett until Xmas, then back to PE/ Long time away I know, but we can make a plan closer to the time.

Rudy, keep in touch mate and we'll try to jack something up closer to the time.

yeah sweet thats a plan.
    Speaking about Redhouse- my mate caught a leerie past Sumcay (sp?) which is way past redhouse on a wooly bugger while flyfishing for bass last season! The water is almost 100% fresh up there! He apparently thought that he had hooked the mother of all bass until the leerie broke the surface with its dorsal... them fish are strange sometimes!
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey