Thread: Cape Town from the 4th to the 23rd April

Default Cape Town from the 4th to the 23rd April

Hi All,

I will be taking some much needed leave in the beginning of April to Cape town.

I would really love to do some fishing while I am down there how ever would love to know what my options are like still water, streams and rivers, salt water?

Would love to fish one of the streams however dont know which one will be best suited to some one who has never fished a cape stream before.

Would love some feed back

thanks in advance

Regards

Sean Schutte

If I am available over that time, we can go and fish.
    Sure you will get a couple of the other forumers willing to take you as well.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Thanks Corrie,

i appreciate the offer

Regards

Sean Schutte

Ask Korrie to show you the Upper Witte valley (beats 4 to 6). Beautiful and slightly challenging fishing to boot.
    What would the world be, once bereft of wet and of wilderness? Let them be left, o let them be left, wilderness and wet, long live the weeds and the wilderness yet.
    Gerald Manley Hopkins

At that time, lakensvlie will ne comming into it's own, and the streams will be perfect. Call me closer to the time, i will take you out as well.
    As for salt water stuff....may still be some yellowtail around, we can do that as well.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.