Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie introduction

Default Newbie introduction

Hi Guys, my name is Andre. My favourite ff quarry is most definitely yellows in the Vaal. I live in Bedfordview, but mostly fish in the middle Vaal area, Potch, Orkney, stilfontein...................i have family and awesome fishing buddies there.

I am not nearly as technical as some of the forumers here, but i do catch my fair share.

It’s amazing how much valuable information there is here, (thank you) and yes the search function is a friend already, I will try share where i can, but seems as if will be more on the learning side.

I have not yet photographed a decent Largie so hope fully that will be sorted this season as it will be number 1 on my to do list this year as was last year, (even with the expected poor visibility.)

I need to work on my tying skills, and have noticed there are MANY EXPERTS around here that are very helpful. (Thank you).
    Well that’s me for now...................................

Oh i also have to experience small stream fishing............... finesse, presentation, drag free drift, 6x tippet, (without shine) as my skills are limited to dredging overweight nymphs in murky water.

Welcome,

You are just arround the corner from me...

Hope you will enjoy the forum as much as I do
    Gerhard Delport

We lose ourselves in the things we love.
    We also find ourselves there... Too

Welcome, and enjoy the forums & general k@k praat that some of us tend to get carried away with from time to time...

Oh, and I am in Alberton, so also pretty close.
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Shot Guys, apparently there is a quarry around here with nice bass......... and if that doesn’t work out to well we can go to news cafe for a cold one.

hey andre

i stay in Bruma and love ff for the yellows all over. if you keen to tie together sometime we could learn from eachother as well.

if you looking for a fishing buddy at times you can give me a shout. also have a few spots around jhb other than yellows. keeps me busy when the vaal is flooding.

welcome to the forum.

Howzit Gazza

Awesome that sounds great although there is not much with regards to tying that you will learn from me, i taught myself on a hand full of patterns, can do the basics that’s it.

I’m not sure how flexible your weekdays are, but im pretty much tied up on weekends, but will pm you when i venture out.

Thanks man

Hey Andre,

Seems like alot of us are from the area I am just a little further away in Edenvale, and same if you ever looking for a fishing buddy give me a shout a couple of mates and i try go regularly..... not the best fly fisherman but def great at K@K praat and having great days on the river

Howzit Sean

Thanks man, will let you know when we go wet a line, always nice to speak a bit of K@K

Quote Originally Posted by Andre s View Post
    Howzit Gazza

Awesome that sounds great although there is not much with regards to tying that you will learn from me, i taught myself on a hand full of patterns, can do the basics that’s it.

I’m not sure how flexible your weekdays are, but im pretty much tied up on weekends, but will pm you when i venture out.

Thanks man
    weekdays are tough man weekends are better for me haha

but if we plan ahead, then leave is an option as well.

i dig my tying and maybe could help you with patterns and short cuts?
    just pm me if you have questions, maybe i can help.

Booger Rose Banned User

Hi André, welcome aboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast