Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Still water Nymphing tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    One fly pattern that is VERY SELDOM fished in South Africa, but is found in every still water is the Buzzer.
    The science behind buzzer fishing is huge and there are books written on buzzer fishing.
    The fly tying of buzzers have a cult following with FB groups dedicated to tying and fishing Buzzer patterns.
    In the UK it was very big and i even got about 100 flies on a crazy special - they have buzzers for every condition, water temp, time of year etc... But once i got back to SA I went back to GRHE, ZAK etc and maybe occasionally the odd blood worm... Think this season it is time to break open the old buzzer box and mess around.
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Pascal Cognard said of Buzzers " It is the only food source and thus flies, that all trout knows. As buzzers occur in all waters, even in trout rearing ponds."
    I witnessed how he caught freshly stocked trout on buzzer patterns, when everyone thought he was crazy and should be fishing bright lures.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345