Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stillwater trout in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by fly_mike View Post
    jeepers that's a lot! is it a big farm? (we own farm land and 9.4m for a farm that isn't like 1000ha plus would be maddness)

lets go 50:50 Mike.... I should be able to put about the same together in 12 easy installments.
    It's not exactly what I would call 'farmland'. The property is part of the 12,000ha conservancy area that Highland Run and Finsbury are located on IIRC. Basically part of the head of the Drakensberg range, and a really spectacular area.

Last I heard they were selling off stands for development there? I guess that didn't work out as planned then?
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Ah I see. hmmmm not sure where they arrive at the 9.4m. Interesting none the less. is their website: www.troutflyfishingafrica.co.za ?

Nope, its this one.

It is 450 hectares in size. Some of my fondest stillwater memories were fishing at this place. Large, healthy fish in crystal clear water. And the road that can shake the fillings out of you
    Last edited by Bryan; 03-04-11 at 08:23 PM.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Dean's book at a reasonable price ??? Seems it is quite difficult to find in the book shops etc.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12