Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patagonia adventure

Default Patagonia adventure

I was doing a little research on one of my bucket list trips (Lake Strobel), and came across this diary. Not sure if anyone else has seen it, but man these guys had a good 24 day fishing trip for around 2000 Euros.

http://globalflyfisher.com/reports/s...oniaonabudget/
    "I know that I was born, and I know that I'll die. The inbetween is mine...I am mine!" Eddie Vedder

Also on my list, with New Zealand, maybe Australia as well, as I have family both places.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

I haven't seen that.....
    But if you keen on putting a trip together, let me know. Patagonia is on top of my bucket list...
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

4. Default

Here you have a budget based on three person group. Prices per person:

#prices
    -Return air tickets Vilnius – Milan—Buenos Aires—Rio Gallegos 1000 €
    - Taxi Buenos Aires from airport to airport and around the city center20 €
    - Annual fishing licenses 66 €Food and spirits for 10 days 60 €
    -Picking up (by Manuel Gonzales) from Airport of Rio Gallegos driving to Puente Blanco fishing 1.5 days with us and after 10 days picking up from Bella Vista cost each85 €
    - Camp at Bella Vista 3 days 30 €
    - plenty of beer at Bella Vista 50 €
    - Off road truck rent for 12 days cost each 217 €
    - 4 days at lake Strobel 400 €
    - camp 2 at Isla Pavon 20 €
    - Hostel at Rio Gallegos 3 nights40 €
    - all 3 times barbecues and drinks with Manuel100
    - hostel in Buenos Aires15 €
    - restaurant taxi and wine in BA one evening50 €
    Total trip expenses for 24 days all in without gifts - 2153 €

Not bad for a whole month! This was in 2008 though.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Dont think the ticket is going to be the same price :|
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Nope, and prices of 3 years ago as well. Still - a very good reference. And man, 24 days is a LONG time!!! I'd skip Lagos personally. If I can't fish the stream why bother??
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

7. Default

Seems via Flightcentre you are looking at about R6990.00 to Buenos Aires.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Its the flight from Buenos Aires to where you plan on fishing that is expensive, some instances its more than the flight to Buenos.
    Daryl Human

9. Default

Its the flight from Buenos Aires to where you plan on fishing that is expensive, some instances its more than the flight to Buenos.
    Will need to check then - thanks.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Checked my mail, I enquired last year September from JHB to Buenos A.
    Their response was:

The internal flight costing is R4780 inclusive of taxes and these internal flights inside South America have to be combined with international flights to be issued.

The cost for just the Air tickets will be R12800 all taxes included per person.
    That is from JHB to BA to Bariloche.
    Daryl Human

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast