Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yellowtail on fly

Default Yellowtail on fly

The folks at intrepidangler have just released the trailer for their newest DVD which features Kiwi Kingfish Guru John Fraser and his mate Peter Brown. There is some awesome action abroad John's "White Lady" (He not a guide)...

The trailer can be viewed here....
    Life is a series of trout missions with that numbing feeling in between...

My Album

Great stuff Kev - jees seeing those 'tail chasing a fly like that gets my heart going.Lovely conditions for targeting them as well wish it could be more like that in Cape Town!When it is the fish are usually not around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Elliott View Post
    The folks at intrepidangler have just released the trailer for their newest DVD which features Kiwi Kingfish Guru John Fraser and his mate Peter Brown. There is some awesome action abroad John's "White Lady" (He not a guide)...

The trailer can be viewed here....
    Hi Kev,

I remember fishing in a harbour there and it was just like that! I only had a 8/9wt so i'm lucky i was there in winter and the big kingfish weren't around. I;'m looking at immigrating to NZ though..i stayed there for a month and it was awesome! The fishing is great too if you have access to a boat and some local knowledge..Thanks for sharing that video! Awesome fish!

Hi Guys

Anyone been targeting Yellowtail lately around Cape Point ? I'll be out there Saturday.

Cheers

Hi Guys

Who on here has fished for Yellowtail on fly ?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi Guys

Who on here has fished for Yellowtail on fly ?

Regards
    the only guy i know that's done that is Francois at Frontier FF in randburg
    the patient mental...

hi pierre
    mc has also caught yellows. there is a post in salwater thread where he shows pics.
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Hi Roland

Thanks i looked myself silly but couldnt find the thread

Cheers

check out the thread fishing the scenic route to rooiels under saltwater fishing. there are some good tips and tactics.
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Hi Guys

We launched from Gordon's Bay harbour (Harbour Island ) at around 9:00 and headed across the bay to Cape Point. Sea was a bit choppy and made rigging conventional rods with line and leaders like trying to install windows xp in a heard of angry buffalo, as we headed across the bay. It was my first time to take a boat on this rout. Something special to see the Helderberg disappear into a blue silhouette and Cape Point becoming clearer and clearer. We made a few stops, one to see a whale and when the birds were working. But as soon as they started diving they were off again. We thought of following them but decided to head to the point. We let out a few lines with rappies and squid imitations and slowly trolled our way around the point. What an awesome sight as your go around the point. Nice structure but no fish so far. We headed around towards the beach. A real screamed but it turned out to be kelp. We noticed waves breaking over a shallow reef so decided to check it out. that also didn't produce any goods. We trolled around the point again into the bay. No bird activity anywhere at the point. The fish finder was picking up allot of bottom fish but nothing special which a few bait lines proved. So we headed back at about 3:30. Still a great day on the water, enjoyed every moment.

Cheers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast