Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Beginner at fly tying

Andre ,

I would feel comfortable with this yes, the thing with super glue and H2O , the glue normally turn white. Maybe use something like Sally Hansens instead.

The loop is a really a multi function on a fly, yes it stops the tail snagging, but also aides one to add other flies if needed. But a loop is not needed on a solo fly to stop the tail snagging. I never fish tandom flies, hence I just tie on some course hair before adding my movement tail, no probs.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Check out the super hopper dropper on url:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkrnqcxNSMw
    The hopper is used as a strike indicator and you can vary the depth of dropper fly without having to cut and re-knot your tippet.The loop is not for tail wrap as you will see in this clip.Good luck !

Tonight I get my first fly tying lesson/experience courtsey of Chris and the St. Stithians fly tyers.

I am, needless to say, very excited. I will post my first creation on this thread!

Will now be able to put a face to some of the names on the forum tonight.

Cheers,

Frederick

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234