Thread: Patagonia

Smile Patagonia

My wife is keen to check out Patagonia but is not into camping or roughing it.
    I would like to investigate a trip which could include fishing but also let her see the amazing scenery and their culture .
    She watched a TV programe on Patagonia in Chile ? most of the threads that I have been reading talk of Argentina only re Patagonia .
    Has anybody looked at this or knows of someone I can talk to re a trip where I can get some fishing and my wife can enjoy herself ?
    Just thinking about it I suppose flight costs would be a big factor , but I did hear that Chile could be a cheaper destination.

Hi Richard
    Will give you some info, next time I see you.

But Chile, is a bit more exspensive, from my research, in general compared to Argentina
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARDWILLIAM View Post
    My wife is keen to check out Patagonia but is not into camping or roughing it.
    I would like to investigate a trip which could include fishing but also let her see the amazing scenery and their culture .
    She watched a TV programe on Patagonia in Chile ? most of the threads that I have been reading talk of Argentina only re Patagonia .
    Has anybody looked at this or knows of someone I can talk to re a trip where I can get some fishing and my wife can enjoy herself ?
    Just thinking about it I suppose flight costs would be a big factor , but I did hear that Chile could be a cheaper destination.
    Checked out a programme on ESPN (Flyfishing the world with John Barrett) a while ago, excellent fishing as well as and the accomodation showed in the programme was also quite decent.

I also understand that most of the best fly fishing place, require access only with their approved local guide. Best to check out the venues you want to fish, and make sure.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I also understand that most of the best fly fishing place, require access only with their approved local guide. Best to check out the venues you want to fish, and make sure.
    Thats what I gathered from the show, it was some lodge and the owner himself guided them.