Thread: Howsit

Default Howsit

Hi folks

My name is Mike, student of architecture at Tuks. Been on 2 flyfishing trips and really enjoy it over the usual pap gooing or coastal fishing. After hearing loads of crap from salespeople all over, I have decided to start learning a bit so I can help my parents make some better decisions with their money, and so I can buy myself a relatively decent setup. After 5 days of fly fishing, I can now cast decently but have had terrible luck catching. In a group of 5 fishing from 6am every morning at Dunkeld for 4 days, we managed to pull 7 pups out, nothing too impressive either. Still had a blast pulling out a 1.2kg, so I am pretty hooked on this. That tactility really makes it! I will probably be posting some threads up soon about reel choice a bit later today, and am hoping to hear about some nice places my family and I can head out for some good fishing.

Any case, as usual on local forums, lekker community you guys have going here, hope to have a nice stay.

Mike

Welcome Mike. Enjoy the forum!
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Welcome Mike, best to get in touch with local forumers here and get invited to ff with them.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum, you will learn stacks here. I have already learnt quite a bit! But still need to learn lots!

A good place to start is to go to your local ff shop, they have loads of advice. Also like Poppernel said. Talk to the forumersm

Cheers

Frederick
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Thanks guys!!