Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magoebaskloof

If you fish just one dam for trout it must be Dap Naude. Its a big dam, clear water with wild fish only which breed in the Broedestroom. Fish numbers are fantastic although not that big but fantastic fishing. You can do some proper loch style wetfly fishing there.
    An honest fisherman is a pretty uninteresting person.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Hi,
    I'm reviving this thread because I'm going to Magoebaskloof Getaway in a couple of weeks and can't find anything on the forum about the place. There is a trout dam and a dam with bass. Would appreciate it if anyone have been there before and can give me some info on the trout fishing.
    contact Jason or Jen Bruin at the local fly shop - great people and they can give you all the info you need. I think they are down for the Nationals so you may only get them next week.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Thanx. I will try to contact them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431493096.269566.jpg

Here are the contact details
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Blog Entries

When I lived in Phalies, I used to love going to Magoebaskloof...awesome waters there...and of course, getting clever at the Hotel or The Iron Crown.
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Definitely check with the local shop/contact before booking/leaving. I stopped over for work about a week ago and booked in at Cheerio, they haven't stocked for months due to a permit issue at the fishery in Lydenburg (Lunsklip??). This is what the guy there told me, true or not I have no idea, but best to check before you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    When I lived in Phalies, I used to love going to Magoebaskloof...awesome waters there...and of course, getting clever at the Hotel or The Iron Crown.
    Apologies, way off topic. Shammie, is it normal for the Letaba to be completely covered with water plants this time of year? I was shocked when I crossed the bridge at Letaba Junction, completely covered, not a drop of water in sight, completely covered in green.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoV View Post
    Apologies, way off topic. Shammie, is it normal for the Letaba to be completely covered with water plants this time of year? I was shocked when I crossed the bridge at Letaba Junction, completely covered, not a drop of water in sight, completely covered in green.
    The bridge near Tzaneen might be the case, but closer to Phalaborwa (Letaba Ranch) the river will be (should be) low and clear this time of year hey...

The summer rains have not been great at all which is part of the problem
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12