Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jvice

1. Default Jvice

Hi huys

Do Jay a favour and like his page plz. This is also a very nice platform to discuss and chat to him about his products.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jvice/167321196656570

I'll try to do a little review on the new J Bobbins this week.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Hi huys

Do Jay a favour and like his page plz. This is also a very nice platform to discuss and chat to him about his products.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jvice/167321196656570

I'll try to do a little review on the new J Bobbins this week.
    Contacted Jay, interested in his midge jaws and camera accessories.

DAVE

P.S. Swambo gonna be mad, getting a DI7 sinking plus series 1800 Sage reel from Frontiers, then also 6wt rod (orvis) salt from Neps.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Contacted Jay, interested in his midge jaws and camera accessories.

DAVE

P.S. Swambo gonna be mad, getting a DI7 sinking plus series 1800 Sage reel from Frontiers, then also 6wt rod (orvis) salt from Neps.
    Why though?
    We don't get mad when they spend $$$$$$$ on shoes, the hairdresser, handbags, clothes, etc etc etc....

FlyFanatic Banned User

How dare you compare shoes with fly fishing equipment!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Why though?
    We don't get mad when they spend $$$$$$$ on shoes, the hairdresser, handbags, clothes, etc etc etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyFanatic View Post
    How dare you compare shoes with fly fishing equipment!!!!
    Michael, excuse Flyfanatic, he has not seen the latest ''hairdresser'' modes pushing up prices of genetic capes, and that does compare with woman styles and ff.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

6. Default

Started last night with a new base for my JVice. Made from Tamboti. Still a LOT of planing and sanding to be done. Also still some recesses to be made in the top section for a few threads, beads, hooks etc.

All parts are still loose, and will only be glued once the final sanding, shaping and recessing is done.

I have not been tying a lot of flies, but hopefully this wil lure me back to the vice this winter!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Looks nice Mario.. I plan on doing something similar for mine, but want to build a proper portable station with drawers etc.
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Looks nice Mario.. I plan on doing something similar for mine, but want to build a proper portable station with drawers etc.
    Thanks Ryan

I have a pretty settled room for tying and fishing my rods etc. This base is for when I want to maybe tie infront of the fire or TV or something. Takes just the essentials, and basically just making it to look nice. When I tie I take out the materials I need for the pattern I plan on tying, and just work from there, so I don't need a lot of space ito being able to store materials.

There are some great such stations like you want around though!! Or do you have a specific design in mind?
    Mario Geldenhuys

Ja, I do have something specific in mind. Want to make something that I can easily carry, has 2 or 3 drawers and I can put all my tools and marker pens on the sides. Just deciding if I will make it with the base for the vice which Jay supplies, or if I'll also include the cam lock which also allows me to make brushes.. I'll probably make it about 600mm long and 400mm deep. Just have to decide on the wood. I also plan to make it using your classic woodwork joins such as dovetails etc..

How are those bobbin holders working for you that Jay supplied?
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

10. Default

Ja, I do have something specific in mind. Want to make something that I can easily carry, has 2 or 3 drawers and I can put all my tools and marker pens on the sides. Just deciding if I will make it with the base for the vice which Jay supplies, or if I'll also include the cam lock which also allows me to make brushes.. I'll probably make it about 600mm long and 400mm deep. Just have to decide on the wood. I also plan to make it using your classic woodwork joins such as dovetails etc..
    Sounds lovely. I've seem some lovely stations that close like a suitcase (vertical hinges), making it easy to carry, and also safe and neat to store. Sounds like a awesome project.

How are those bobbin holders working for you that Jay supplied?
    They are superb!!! I cannot speak highly enough of them. I have not been tying a lot, but every now and again when I do, I really cannot see myself using the straight bobbins a lot anymore. Really worth it imho. Might not work for everyone, but it certainly does for me.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast