Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jvice

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Hi Mario

Lovely piece that you made up.
    Lovely finish on the wood.

Just a question or 2.
    I use to tie on a light wood surface, and after a while, my eyes would take strain.
    Don't you find that dark back ground is "harder on the eyes" than a light back ground?
    With so many contrasting colors and levels, focussing the eyes on the hook, when tying long sessions, does it affect your eyes?
    Thanks Korrie.

I actually like to tie with the vice head quite high, so I actually never really look down onto the base. I tie so that my elbows can rest on the surface easily. So too low will be uncomfortable for me. You will notice the vice stem is quite long, especially kept like this for how I tie.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Rols...have you gone to IsThereAnythingYouCan'tDoWithWood.com.au.za.gov.co m?
    Check out my finger jou bliksem
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    check out my finger jou bliksem
    bwhaa haa haaa.....
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Baie, baie nice Mario! Regtig well done!!

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Thanks Korrie.

I actually like to tie with the vice head quite high, so I actually never really look down onto the base. I tie so that my elbows can rest on the surface easily. So too low will be uncomfortable for me. You will notice the vice stem is quite long, especially kept like this for how I tie.
    Same here Mario, then again also have a soothing colour background that I utilise which is adjustable..

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

6. Default

Hi all

I'm thinking of making another vice base from some of that Guajivera (I'm pretty sure that's how I'll spell it from now on ). Here are some ideas I've come up with. Comments and suggestions are most welcome and appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Blog Entries

Here is a version that will please certain members..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Lol....

Blog Entries

Evil laugh

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234