Thread: Novice greetings.

Default Novice greetings.

Hi there all, I'm Ashley Coetzee, just moved into the Nelspruit area and a relative novice when it comes to fly fishing. I have, in a limited manner, come to enjoy the pleasures of this wonderful recreational activity and look forward to many more years with rod in hand. However I see that there is a lot to learn.

This will be the second winter fishing the long rod but I have yet to move from catching trees and grass to landing my first trout and when that momentous occasion happens I'll definitely be posting pictures and sharing the occasion.

Joining this forum, I look forward to making many friends, learning many things and sharing a lifetime of pleasure wading though the waters we so love and taking up the challenge of tying my own versions of all the little special creatures that assist us in our endeavor.

Tight lines and take care.

Welcome to the forums Ashley.
    There are a few forumers based in your area, AFAICR, Troep is also in Nelspruit.
    Use the search function, there is 5 years of info on these forums, a lot of which is really good stuff.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Hi Ashley

Welcome onboard. I am/was pretty much in the same as you are now! And you will remember your first trout! Like Herman said. Use the search function there is loads of info!

Tight lines!
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Hey Ashley

I'm in Nelspruit, been here for about 8 months and I have found there is a lot on offer fishing wise within about an hours drive, feel free to give me a shout should you be ready to go explore, will be happy to help you get into that 1st trout!

cheers

Sybrand
    Last edited by sybie99; 03-06-11 at 07:58 AM.

welcome man!

you're going to get a lot out of this forum if you're willing to get involved! the guys on here are full of k@k (and knowledge) haha

like the guys say, use the search function and post all your info for others to use.

if i were you, and i had tigers on my doorstep, id be on that water all the time. lucky bugger.

have a good one and good luck with the endeavors!

Welcome Ashley, enjoy this forum boet, fore better or worse.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes chaps, from what I have read this seems like a warm, helpful and some times too passionate forum, non the less what's life without a little passion, I think I'm going to fit right in.

From what I have read so far it looks like I've hit the mother-load when it comes to variety fishing in this area. What more could a chap wish for and Gazzarowan, when you get the chance to make a turn up here I hope I can show you some really productive tiger ponds.

@ Sybrand - I'll definately be taking you up on that offer first off weekend I have. From what I have read we can nail yellows, bass and a whole range of fish in the surrounds. Thanks for the offer.

I've got the search function down by now thanks guys, the only problem is where to start there is so much info here, eish baas ek like hom ek like, feel like an 18 year old in teasers... I'll be sure to share though...

Tight lines chaps.

good stuff Ash!

i'll definitely give you a shout when i plan on coming up there!
    have a look at grant keiser's quick links for flies...really nice.

shot man

Ashley,

Sorry for not replying your PM yet, hectic over here.

Expect a long reply in the next 24h.

Ciao