Thread: Day fishing venue - Cradle of humankind

Default Day fishing venue - Cradle of humankind

I heard about a place near the old Rainbow trout farm in that has a similar set up, with Carp and bass dams for catch and release, as well as the trout (catch and kill presumably,) it is not brookwood, does any body know the name or contact details of such a place?

Quote Originally Posted by DorB View Post
    I heard about a place near the old Rainbow trout farm in that has a similar set up, with Carp and bass dams for catch and release, as well as the trout (catch and kill presumably,) it is not brookwood, does any body know the name or contact details of such a place?

there is a spot called trout hunter's that is a bit futher down the road from Rainbow Trout farm ,directions are on the old Rainbows trout farms gate ( never been there ! ). I know they paid rainbow to close down there fishing operation.

hope it helps.
    Last edited by tye2; 03-04-07 at 04:34 PM.

Unhappy Correct

Hi Guys

Yes been there. Catch and keep. Two dams. One under trees, saw movement, o fish caught. And a bigger open dam. Caught one stocky. Saw quite a bit of movement, rises etc, but the wind was really bad.No shop or anything, so take your own. Place to make a braai etc. Nothing special, but it beats the overcrowded nature of the Bryanston one. Nice pub there though.(Bryanston)

Rather take a drive to Magaliesburg or out to Bronkhorstspruit, more value.

Regards
    I still don't know why I fish or why other men fish, except we like it and it makes us think and feel.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAntics View Post
    Hi Guys

Yes been there. Catch and keep. Two dams. One under trees, saw movement, o fish caught. And a bigger open dam. Caught one stocky. Saw quite a bit of movement, rises etc, but the wind was really bad.No shop or anything, so take your own. Place to make a braai etc. Nothing special, but it beats the overcrowded nature of the Bryanston one. Nice pub there though.(Bryanston)

Regards

Hi shot for the extra info ! do you have some contact details as I'm keen to go wet my lines and get my casting back on par .

thanks

Tyronne
    Last edited by tye2; 03-04-07 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAntics View Post
    Which venues do you know of near Magaliesburg (aside from Magalies Barbus Haven) and Bronkhorstspruit ?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.