Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Articulation - How to join hooks and add a weedguard

Mario,

The movement is in the back hook i.e. horizontal / vertical connection of the wire (vertical) and hook (horizontal). That's way I stress the point to use ring eyed hooks and not down eyed hooks. The all important "s" movement comes from the second hook,not the wire.The wire must stay still. Another fact is that the back hook can move up and down a little bit,moerse interesting!

Ps.The back hook can move as much as 90 degrees sideways. (Well more but u get the point) That is huge so it means by moving the rod in any direction, you change direction and that can be the trigger needed for a vicious strike.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 09-06-11 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Mario,

The movement is in the back hook i.e. horizontal / vertical connection of the wire (vertical) and hook (horizontal). That's way I stress the point to use ring eyed hooks and not down eyed hooks. The all important "s" movement comes from the second hook,not the wire.The wire must stay still. Another fact is that the back hook can move up and down a little bit,moerse interesting!

Ps.The back hook can move as much as 90 degrees sideways. (Well more but u get the point) That is huge so it means by moving the rod in any direction, you change direction and that can be the trigger needed for a vicious strike.
    Of course!! Makes perfect sense G!! Thanks very much - explains a lot!!

Reasons for picking your brain, this fine wire technique has some great possibilities for smaller nymphs.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Yes absolutely!

Two immediate thoughts I have on smaller Nymphs;

1.Use thinner wire.
    2.Maybe cut the bend of the second hook leaving only shank?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    2.Maybe cut the bend of the second hook leaving only shank?
    I was thinking of using something like an up-eye #20 or #24. I'll play around - this has serious potential. Thanks once again!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2