Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: TCX or Z-Axis ?...

Will be called the Sage One as I have it. Thing with rumours though, is that it's most likely to be off
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

EFTTEX Awards - Best New Fly Rod

Sage ONE

Sage’s new flagship rod, the ONE rod, is the first precision casting instrument built to take advantage of its groundbreaking Konnetic Technology. Says Sage: “The ONE rod offers a more fluid transmission of energy from the arm to the fly. The eye sees the cast it wants to make and it is translated to the hand and through the rod instantaneously.”
    Due to its extraordinary sensitivity and light weight, the ONE rod is equally at home in the hands of seasoned casters as well as aspiring ones who benefit from the rod’s remarkable feedback-enhancing properties.
    Adds Sage: “Being able to feel exactly what the line is doing through all stages of a cast gives users ultimate control so that they can make the minute corrections needed in-cast to land the fly precisely where they want it.”
    Features include:

• Round tip eye
    • New low-profile ferrules
    • Black ice colour
    • Fuji stainless steel and ceramic stripper guide
    • Custom cork handle
    • Aluminium reel seat with walnut insert and black rod tube

Konnetic Technology

Says Sage: “Konnetic Technology combines proprietary aerospace-grade materials with innovative manufacturing methods and processes. The impossibly lighter rods built utilising this technology provide ultimate line control and accuracy due to enhanced tip-to-hand sensitivity and feedback, yet still retain Sage’s renowned power and durability.
    “Konnetic Technology incorporates an optimised ratio of Sage’s proprietary resin to carbon fibre with our Advanced Modulus Positioning System (AMPS), a process that places the carbon materials to exacting tolerances for the greatest blank strength and efficient energy transfer throughout the shaft. “Using our High Compression Molding (HCM) process, the blank’s carbon fibres are compacted for optimum density and precise alignment, simultaneously fusing the 50% lighter all-carbon fibre inner core.”
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Thanks for that Mario!!

Yip, just confirmed with Sage...

Release date will be in August.

Regards

Black Ice - wonder what that looks like??
    Mario Geldenhuys

Fark first it was G5 technology,now it's the Konnetic technology! Next you'll see the TCX replaced with Viper technology based on Gorilla technology.The 99 will extend to 11. The latter being 11' 1''. So named because Jerry's cousin has great love for "Great Lengths" hair extensions blended with Whitings grizzly hackle silver grade.

Sorry but Sage has now officially started to bore me with their ever changing/replacement of rods.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 20-06-11 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Yep - and Sage will have new models out by then.
    hmmmm..... I was out by a year and 10 months.
    "So heres my point. Dont go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thats dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Fark first it was G5 technology,now it's the Konnetic technology! Next you'll see the TCX replaced with Viper technology based on Gorilla technology.The 99 will extend to 11. The latter being 11' 1''. So named because Jerry's cousin has great love for "Great Lengths" hair extensions blended with Whitings grizzly hackle silver grade.

Sorry but Sage has now officially started to bore me with their ever changing/replacement of rods.
    i suppose they have to keep up with the loomises

I hope you are not thinking of buying a new ... uhm ... well ... anything really.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Have you tried buying a car lately? Lets not talk about ever changing/replacement of models. Now thats boring.
    I think it's great that a company like Sage remains at the forefront of technological development. With every unscrupulous man and his dog, sending a Sage over to china, with the instruction to "copy the taper", can you blame them for getting one up on the opposition? My comfot, is that if it comes from sage, it's going to be good.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast