Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Breast Tilapia/Bream

Default Red Breast Tilapia/Bream

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a venue around PE that has Red Breast Tilapia? I am starting a little gardening project that requires some of these chaps in the system. It'd be fun catching them too.
    "I know that I was born, and I know that I'll die. The inbetween is mine...I am mine!" Eddie Vedder

Mark, there is a little dam in Sherwood that have, them, just be careful not to hook the owners koi's (5kg+) p.s. they fight good.

Then our Willow dam here in Uitenhage have tilapia species, but the best are the ''blou kurper'' caught in the fresh/salt part of the river at Perserverence. Got 2 one day of 3.2 and 3 kg, my mate got one as well. Here we got kurper, bass and young leeries in the same waters.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

In Sherwood?? Seriously? Does the owner allow access to the dam? CAR only?
    "I know that I was born, and I know that I'll die. The inbetween is mine...I am mine!" Eddie Vedder

Quote Originally Posted by markhup View Post
    In Sherwood?? Seriously? Does the owner allow access to the dam? CAR only?
    Charges like R20 for the day to go to mowing the banks. Does not care much about CAR, but strict on his koi.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Charges like R20 for the day to go to mowing the banks. Does not care much about CAR, but strict on his koi.

DAVE
    Forgot to add, the White Death fly is best for them.

Dave

That sounds great. Is it easily accessible? Do the Koi seriously take the fly?

That sounds great. Is it easily accessible? Do the Koi seriously take the fly?
    YEP!! When trying for the kurper on dry (D.D.D) They come and eat it.

DAVE

No sh1t? That's wild.

How do I get there and what tactics/tackle would you recommend? Do you need to contact the owner in advance?

No sh1t? That's wild.

How do I get there and what tactics/tackle would you recommend? Do you need to contact the owner in advance?
    Have not been for some time. But you just rock up, fish, he will make a turn and you pay him. Cannot remember the street name, but will check his erf. out on a map for you. Cant remember his name as well, but he was a big motorbike racer till he came a cropper.

Floating lines do it here.
    DAVE

Thanks Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast