Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Affordable 12wt

Blog Entries

Default Affordable 12wt

Hello Everyone

What make of rod would you recommend for salt water applications, I mean specifically a 12 wt rod. I don’t want to spend thousands as I am probably only going to use this rod once....

Any suggestions?
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Shammers I'm in the same boat as you at the moment, for a 12 and a 10. I spoke to Hussein at Ganis this morning, he has a few options for under R1500.
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Hello Everyone

What make of rod would you recommend for salt water applications, I mean specifically a 12 wt rod. I don’t want to spend thousands as I am probably only going to use this rod once....

Any suggestions?
    Hi Julian

Why not look at the MHX blanks/kits. The highest they go is a 9'0 #10 unfortunately, but the entire kit is only $168.50. It's a 4-piece blank.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I have a 10wt outfit Explorer Guide I outfit, genesis reel, backing and clear intermediate shooting head if interested. Looking for a much smaller rod now. Regards

Simple

TFO

Good choice however not sure what model sells for less then R1500?

Hello Everyone

Any suggestions?
    Don't buy a rod. Lend one from a friend if it's only a once off trip

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Don't buy a rod. Lend one from a friend if it's only a once off trip
    Koos...after my trip...I want to fish the Cape Streams with it...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Koos...after my trip...I want to fish the Cape Streams with it...
    I got just the rod for you!!!! I will give you one of my 80lb Stand Up Tuna rods.
    Perfect for swimming live baits!!! Let mamma show her love for you and swim your bait in. If she splashes a lot, you always have the chance of hooking a decent shark, if she can drop the hook in its mouth and swim away quick enough. Live Bait's survival and mortality depends on how stong a swimmer she is.

Now this same setup can be used with great success on the streams but here mamma will have to swim with great stealth as she explores the streams. She should give you a Hardy of a time as you Shilton yourself with laughter.

On a serious note...When do you want to go????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    I got just the rod for you!!!! I will give you one of my 80lb Stand Up Tuna rods.
    Perfect for swimming live baits!!! Let mamma show her love for you and swim your bait in. If she splashes a lot, you always have the chance of hooking a decent shark, if she can drop the hook in its mouth and swim away quick enough. Live Bait's survival and mortality depends on how stong a swimmer she is.

Now this same setup can be used with great success on the streams but here mamma will have to swim with great stealth as she explores the streams. She should give you a Hardy of a time as you Shilton yourself with laughter.

On a serious note...When do you want to go????
    HE HE HE....Good one...bloody good I tell ya!

Mamma wont want to go where I am going.....yoh!!!

Koos, I am going to Venue-X next year in May only...but I want to start building up my tackle accordingly now already...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast