Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About Reels

Default Let's Talk About Reels

This is a thread dedicated to reels whether it be new, old, vintage, classic it doesn't matter.

Now here you can post your own stuff or something from the net, even something that you would build if you had the knowhow or the equipment, it makes no difference.

I will start by showing you this....

This is the Dormisch-Absi R2 Flyreel. Does anyone here own one? Have any of you ever seen or held one in your hands?

ET, have you got some pictures of this reel?

Also where and how does the drag work and sit on this reel?
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

3. Default

Yes, I had a Frenchman fishing with me a few years ago - he had one. Very nice, but very heavy imho.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Looks quite lekker when on a rod...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Looks lekker in green
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by FCLoretz View Post
    ET, have you got some pictures of this reel?

Also where and how does the drag work and sit on this reel?
    Yes, only pics that I got off the net and once you see this you should gather how it works....

Drag would probably work the same way as the Hardy Marksman...

For more info and a review on the reel go to:
    http://hipwader.com/2006/dormisch-ab...ly-reel-review

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Yes, I had a Frenchman fishing with me a few years ago - he had one. Very nice, but very heavy imho.
    Heavy at 110 grams???

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Looks quite lekker when on a rod...
    I like the Beavertail design on the grip

If you look at those reels that are basically hubless - they all have one thing in common - they are all heavy.

Aspen
    Backwinder

Correntoso
    Dormisch-Absi
    DSE
    Hardy
    Imago
    Loop
    Marco
    Megoff
    Psaros
    Scierra
    SwissTackle
    Triton
    Z-Reels
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I just bought myself the Wychwood truefly 5/6.

I haven't fished it yet but the drag seems to be very smooth and strong. For its size it is exceptionally light. It also looks cool, not that that counts much.

I don't know if you guys have one or have fished one and I don't know your guys views, but hell, it is a huge improvement on my previous xplorer cassette reel.
    An honest fisherman is a pretty uninteresting person.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Heavy at 110 grams???
    Compared to other stream reels (he fished it on a #2) at between 70g and 80g, yes, it is.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Compared to other stream reels (he fished it on a #2) at between 70g and 80g, yes, it is.
    Nee, man 30-40 gram maak geen verskil nie. As 110 gram swaar is dan moet julle begin Mieliemeel invoer Aliwal toe

Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast