Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi All

Thumbs up Hi All

Hi All
    My name is Craig I live in Dullstroom, I love this site, very informative and exiting. I decided that I had to post somthing cause I have somthing in common with everybody on this site, flyfish befokd

welcome Craig

how's the fishing been in Dullies lately? where do you usually fish there?

always nice to have a local for info

was thinking of heading there this weekend...need to get back on the water.

The fishing has been very good this year all round, I think due to the high water levels and a colder summer and slightly warmer winter, Winter is always the best time to fish in Dullstroom. If you only have a weekend to fish plan you trip around the incoming weather fronts, you will be fine fishing before and a few hours after a cold front. The fish pull hard this time of year and the dams are clear. There are many places to fish around Dullstroom, I mostly fish at the members dam, the Dullstroom Dams and on mates farms.

Howzit Craig!

Good to have you on here!

Hoping for a good one this weekend!!!
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Graig

Nice to have you on board
    I could not join you on facebook
    But I will defiantly join you here

Jannie

welcome craig!!

great to have Dullies local on the forum..
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Craig, enjoy the forum!
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Hi Graig, maybe you or one of the other forum members can help me out with some info...do they close the rivers for fishing around dullies during the winter?

I am getting mixed feedback and since I am heading to stonecutters tomorrow for the weekend I would hate to fish the dorps and be poaching...Anyone?

Booger Rose Banned User

Hi Craig, welcome to FT.

There is no set standard across the board for closing rivers in winter. It depends on the individual owners rules for there stretch of river. Stone Cutters has a small piece of the Dorps river with wild spawning trout and they do stock occasionally, I dought they will close there waters, be best to phone them just to check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast