Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NCYWG Bell's 2011

So hows does it work guys? do you get designated a beat individually, or can you organise it so as to fish with a mate?

Its a festival,not competition.You can fish with who you like.We usually lay out the beats on the thursday night and guys choose the beat they waana fish the morning session.Midday we swop beats.Once everone is accustomed to the beats on saturday they are open for you to choose.If your favourite beat is overpopulated with anglers just fish a different beat until midday and then you should get a chance again.We have never had issues with the guys trampling each others waters as we all fish in good spirit as its not a competition.

Im under correction but usually its 4 to 6 guys per beat,depending on the beat size.basically there are 7 beats.All very productive.Its gonna be a great festival,i cant wait.Hope the waters are better and warmer than last year,then fishing is gonna be off the hook.
    All i remeber was that last year was one of the coldest festivals to date.Its the first time I shivvered while fishing,and i was warmly dressed.The usually active spawning barbel and carp were nop where to be seen,the water was quiet.We did manage some very good yellows though.Usually when you get their on the thursday the water is teaming with cats and carp,and if thats the case the yellow fishing is off the hook.

Oh okay cool, sounds awesome. Now its all about finding time to get to the tying! I had a look on google maps at the section of river in front of the hotel. looks like some delicious water i must say.
    So I've been thinking- how about trying to get together a fun competition on this forum for who ever can take the best picture at the festival? after the festival we hold a vote, and the winner gets a prize. say every entrant (is that a word?) ties five or so flies, and the winner get all the flies or something?? or we get a sponsor involved and think bigger? funny that i suggest this considering iv got absolutely zero photography experience but im keen to get involved.

what do you guys think?

Very nice idea.I think closer to time we need to establish who from the forum are going.

The section infront of the hotel is not the best water.There are much nicer beats further upstream.There are however one or two extrmely pruductive spots on that beat but you need to know them ;-)A 4.8kg sm has been caught there.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    John, my shared chalet is booked and paid for in full.

At this stage Bryan ( Williaby ) will be sharing with me.
    Herman, I have sent you a PM. I am in
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    The section infront of the hotel is not the best water.There are much nicer beats further upstream.There are however one or two extrmely pruductive spots on that beat but you need to know them ;-)A 4.8kg sm has been caught there.
    Here's a complete map of all the beats...
    Check out my custom GOOGLE Maps All the lines and icons are clickable for more info.

Here are some appetiser pics of last year's event too.
    Save our Yellows!

Exclamation Booking Confirmations

Guys,
    I have received word from the hotel that some people had paid for the weekend, but no confirmations were received. Everyone please ensure confirmations are done with Odirile as per the registration form, else you lose your place.
    Chalets - fully booked.
    Save our Yellows!

Quote Originally Posted by NCBass View Post
    Guys,
    I have received word from the hotel that some people had paid for the weekend, but no confirmations were received. Everyone please ensure confirmations are done with Odirile as per the registration form, else you lose your place.
    Chalets - fully booked.
    Chalet booked and paid for, Odirile has conformed receipt of mine and Bryans registration forms, so we are IN !!!!!!!

BTW Carl/John, is there a limit on the numbers entering??
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast