Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8-weight shootout

Hey Mike,

Mostly my 5- and 7-weight TFO Jim Teenys which I find are quite a bit more forgiving. I also fish the Xplorer Guide 2, Stealth Deep Red, Daiwa Triforce but these are much slower rods.

Dont get me wrong, once I had figured that BVK out it was incredible but it felt like stepping up to a slightly different league. It was similar to some top ends rods I have fished before.

So that I don't derail this thread I will post some further info on the intermediate line thread regarding the Little Tunny line.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

I can vouch for the BVK 8.

Just returned from Christmas Island. It blows 15 - 20 kn every day. regular as clockwork. Have just taken delivery of 7, 8 and 9wt BVK's and this was a perfect place to test them, as well as a TiCrx 8. The 8 BVK was awesome...punched right into that wind 30 - 40ft accurately with a soft landing so the bones were not spooked - I am not the worlds best caster but this thing makes it so easy.

Was expecting the run the new BVK reels on them but they were held up in customs and I had to go with 375 which in itself was perfect for the job - smooth drag for the duration and the 99 bones I got as well as a host of other species.

The 7 as expected was a bit light for the breeze but when it backed off was a dream on the bones.

You cannot go past the BVK 8 - it is an awesome rod.

SteveB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12