Thread: You Tube fly tying

Default You Tube fly tying

Of late I have been watching a few flies been tied on You tube. Anyone tried that?
    Davie Mc Phail does a few very nice flies. Also good idea for beginners to get better step-by-step visual perspective of how it is done. There are so many patterns. Some videos are of good quality but some are not. Bst is to find which tier's videos are best as to the quality and clearity. The other one that is also a good one is caddis fly shop and saltwters edge.

Is there any South African fly tiers that has posted on You tube?
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Davies tying vids are very good and the nice thing is he gives you tips all through the steps. I've even downloaded his Salmon flies and there are great tips to be had all the way. Amazing what's on You Tube, hell, I even saw how to break into a car and pick a lock
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Not you tube, but some superb flies and ideas.
    http://mouches.free.fr/pagesfr/mouches/noyeeall.htm
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Thanks Corrie. Yeah Rolls, makes me think what alll the criminals are watching in their free time.
    I am about to order some materials and I am going to email the URL to my supplier to watch the vid and then he knows what I am looking for and he can source it. Here in Knysna we do not get the opportunity to whatch the pro's do it. So you tube helps alot. My first fly tying experience here came in the form of Tom Sutcliffe tying with our club and I was hooked. Should have filmed the session for later reference.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

If you start tying watch David Cammiss on Youtube.
    He covers about all the basics

There is a video of a two minute para adams on youtube that just blew my mind. Put the whole fear of small dry flies to bed for me.
    Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish."

~by Roderick Haig-Brown