Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trout somewhere between Fouriesburg and Clarens

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LongLine View Post
    Any pointers on the Ash river perhaps?
    Di7 lines with some pretty heavy flies as I understand it!!!! You'll be swinging them most of the time too.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Thanks guys, will let you know how it goes. We will probably only have a morning to fish, so will try to make the most of it on the Ash.

Hi guys, I had a very short session on the Ash on Saturday (should have been a full morning session but the arrival aggression got the better of us on Friday night and only managed to get to the water later).

As expected, that river is a beast! Seems like there are few good, fishable lies that are less than 3m deep so i don't think there's a massive population of fish in the river, but that's just my thoughts. Managed 2 fish in the hour and a half we were there. One small one and a very decent river fish of about 15''.

Will be going back in a few weeks' time and fish for a full day. When i showed the farm owner the pics of the bigger fish his reply was 'ya, at least you got something, even though smallish', so quite excited about what the river holds!

Bump

I will be in the area in April. Can you maybe give me the info of the venue where you fished the river? Anybody else know of a venue to fish the ash.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I had a very short session on the Ash on Saturday (should have been a full morning session but the arrival aggression got the better of us on Friday night and only managed to get to the water later).

As expected, that river is a beast! Seems like there are few good, fishable lies that are less than 3m deep so i don't think there's a massive population of fish in the river, but that's just my thoughts. Managed 2 fish in the hour and a half we were there. One small one and a very decent river fish of about 15''.

Will be going back in a few weeks' time and fish for a full day. When i showed the farm owner the pics of the bigger fish his reply was 'ya, at least you got something, even though smallish', so quite excited about what the river holds!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IVenter View Post
    Bump

I will be in the area in April. Can you maybe give me the info of the venue where you fished the river? Anybody else know of a venue to fish the ash.

Thanks in advance.
    Send me a PM if you are interested in using a guide. We were there last weekend and I can recommend a really good guide if you are keen.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

6. Default

so i don't think there's a massive population of fish in the river
    We fished the river on the drop - and there are a LOT of fish there. We never got any fish under 30cm, all fat and strong as any trout I have caught anywhere!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12