Thread: Knysna Fly Boy

Default Knysna Fly Boy

Good day Fly Talk

My name is Brian Sowden and I live in Knysna. But with all the fly fishing spirit in me I wish I lived somewhere where there was more fresh water opportunities.
    But I aways do the best with what I have.
    I am pleased to have found a site where I can share my fly fishing world and learn the many things I still need to.
    I have been fly fishing for 12 years or so, and been fly tying for the last 7.
    I have a question though. What is the wording bellow our names eg. minnow, steelhead etc. And how do you go from minnow to steelhead?

Regards

Brian Sowden
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Hi Brian

It relates to the number of posts you have made. The more you make, the higher your status goes. I think the first change is at 50 or 100 posts, and so forth.

Mike

So how has the fishing been in Knysna lately? I haven't fished there for years...
    "Haauw, in the mouth"

Thanks Michael.
    To be honest I have not used the ol fly rod for a while on the lagon. But am waiting for the wromer waters. Being trying for mullet at the moment, with little luck. I am expecting leeries etc to come later this month and then will be casting poppers, lefty's and clousers like a mad man. Whatch this space.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"