Thread: Popa falls, Kavango.

Default Popa falls, Kavango.

Has anyone fished this area before and can anyone tell me if one might get U/Zam yellowfish here? From what I can see you can fish the rapids on foot.

Yes, tigerfish and just about everything else that you will find in the kavango river. bad news for you, is that you are not allowed to fish it on foot. Wading and walking the bank, is strictly not allowed... too dangerous... crocks hippo's etc. You are only allowed to fish it, if you hire a boat guide, as unaccompanied fishing is not allowed.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Ek hoop jy en Carel moer die tiere, en se tog vir die oom hy moet n slag fotos neem!
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Ja D ek sal hom ma moet lesse gee miskien moet jy dalk saamkom vir die fotografie...

Thanks Andre - I've seen pictures of people fishing the rapids, don't know if they just got out of the boat, or what.

My question is regarding upper Zambezi yellows - guess I'll have to go look for myself!