Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Man U vs Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    That must be the first in about a 2 decades???? I dont suppose you also support the trohpyless Stormers???
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

First time since '96 if I remember correctly! Yeah Matt- I'm not one of those guys who feels the need to suddenly support the teams with the biggest trophy cabinets like so many wannabe supporters out there...!

This season for instance- the millions of closet lions supporters are now in full voice- even though Ellis Park struggled to get 10000 people to watch a game last season. This season you will also start seeing a lot more Man City supporters cockroaching out of the cracks. Just like the spike in spurs supporters a few years ago.

Now go and find me a South African Wigan or Wolves or Forest or Rovers fan- about as common as a wild rainbow in the smalblaar- almost non existentm

I'm not into supporting a team because they are necessarily the best- there is a yawn factor that comes into play when, for instance, one watches Man U or Chelsea destroy a minnow team. When you turn on the tv on matchday and your chosen to team is so damn brilliant and rich and bursting with players in the reserve team that other teams in the top 10 would kill for! Nah- for me that is ordinary- but when a team like NU come into the season as a bookies favourite to be relegated, when they are rated to have no star players, when they are laughed at for having such an annorexic squad and they then go 10 games unbeaten- including Arsenal, Spurs and let's not forget a 3-1 away win at Stoke which even the so called top 4 struggle with- then one has the reason to turn on the tv every week and smile from ear to ear!
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    First time since '96 if I remember correctly! Yeah Matt- I'm not one of those guys who feels the need to suddenly support the teams with the biggest trophy cabinets like so many wannabe supporters out there...!

This season for instance- the millions of closet lions supporters are now in full voice- even though Ellis Park struggled to get 10000 people to watch a game last season. This season you will also start seeing a lot more Man City supporters cockroaching out of the cracks. Just like the spike in spurs supporters a few years ago.

Now go and find me a South African Wigan or Wolves or Forest or Rovers fan- about as common as a wild rainbow in the smalblaar- almost non existentm

I'm not into supporting a team because they are necessarily the best- there is a yawn factor that comes into play when, for instance, one watches Man U or Chelsea destroy a minnow team. When you turn on the tv on matchday and your chosen to team is so damn brilliant and rich and bursting with players in the reserve team that other teams in the top 10 would kill for! Nah- for me that is ordinary- but when a team like NU come into the season as a bookies favourite to be relegated, when they are rated to have no star players, when they are laughed at for having such an annorexic squad and they then go 10 games unbeaten- including Arsenal, Spurs and let's not forget a 3-1 away win at Stoke which even the so called top 4 struggle with- then one has the reason to turn on the tv every week and smile from ear to ear!
    **Stands up and applauds**

We are the Geordies, the geordie boot boys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RT2SKA0yvs
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

'Stands up and applauds' - you'll never have a chance to do that at St. James Park...

Actually your Geordies are doing extremely well this season, far better than my Maserati team which doesn't seem to be able to get out of first gear...

PS I was born in Chelsea and have always supported them even when they were in Div Two - I notice the Nigerian drug lords and Congolese blood diamond barons in the Sandton shopping centres don't seem to wear as many expensive Chelsea replica shirts as in recent years. They're either fickle supporters or their Greek creditors have failed to pay them for consignments...
    Last edited by chris williams; 05-11-11 at 10:21 AM.
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post

Kev I only support United because they win and have a big trophy cabinet

Funny enough my Grandfather is from Manchester so I was introduced to them by my dad from a very young age. . .

I really hope you guys hold your current form because I dont want to hear you moaning at the end of the season when you stuck in a relegation battle
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Kev I only support United because they win and have a big trophy cabinet

Funny enough my Grandfather is from Manchester so I was introduced to them by my dad from a very young age. . .

I really hope you guys hold your current form because I dont want to hear you moaning at the end of the season when you stuck in a relegation battle
    We only need 9 points to secure a spot for next season Hard work is done. Next 3 games will be tough, but there's only one team in Manchester we fear...
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

So Kev how did you enjoy the footie this weekend???
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

So Kev how did you enjoy the footie this weekend???
    It was great! One legit goal each and two dodgy penalties!Proud of the guys- Ba could have turned the game on its head in the first half! City clearly the team to beat this year- 3 goals through the leagues best defence is impressive! Lol! What was the Man U - City score again?
    Seriously to lose our first game now to the best team in the league doesn't depress me at all! City pay more weekly wages for +ne player than Newcastle pay for half their squad!

What's more is the fact that Newcastle are pretty much breaking even due to sound management while Man City are busy laughing off an almost £200 million pound loss! Geez man! Surely I am not the only one who thinks that that is pretty disgusting?!?
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Shame Kev looks like the Toon are on a slippery slope down the League table. . .

Shame Kev looks like the Toon are on a slippery slope down the League table. . .
    Hull City all over again...
    Check your knots!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast