Thread: Sage and Scott's for Sale

Default Sage and Scott's for Sale

I hope I am doing this right...

I am clearing out some sticks as they very seldom get a walk and I feel they need more time on a stream in some remote mountains...

Sage 00w TXL, with a line - R2800.00, just an all round cracking mountain crawler.

Scott 2w G Series 8'8" - R2500.00, a stunning high sticking and roll casting rod.

Scott 3w Ge Series 7'7" - R2500.00, this became the cult rod from the Scott stable, considered to be the way graphite was intended to be used for fly rod manufacturing.

They are all in the classifieds...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    I hope I am doing this right...

I am clearing out some sticks as they very seldom get a walk and I feel they need more time on a stream in some remote mountains...

Sage 00w TXL, with a line - R2800.00, just an all round cracking mountain crawler.

Scott 2w G Series 8'8" - R2500.00, a stunning high sticking and roll casting rod.

Scott 3w Ge Series 7'7" - R2500.00, this became the cult rod from the Scott stable, considered to be the way graphite was intended to be used for fly rod manufacturing.

They are all in the classifieds...
    Just as I spent money on a new chainsaw
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Just as I spent money on a new chainsaw
    Jeez Mario thats a harsh tool to be making Rods with
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Jeez Mario thats a harsh tool to be making Rods with
    Just imagine how fine I can work with a tool like that
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

So I have had a few people ask what action the rods are.

The XTL is a fast action rod designed to shoot supper light lines and present flies very well.

The Scott's are medium action with a powerful butt, they were original designed in the early '80 and were one of the first designs to use graphite. They are the rods that built the Scott brand. I recently saw the 7'7" 3w go for a good couple of hundred dollars more than what I am selling mine for. But as I say, they are not getting very much river time and I want them to be fished...

regards
    Mike McKeown

If I didn't already have them, I'd be keen.
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

I know Diz, I was gonna mail you, and give you that special price, but you already got those sticks...............
    Mike McKeown