Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At the car park

Default At the car park

Car parks can be great meeting places. The usual air of expectancy on arrival, preceeding a day's fishing, usually sparking a childlike euphoria amongst us. The light banter and camaraderie amongst fellow anglers, the snobs that we meet from time to time. These could make for some great stories. Do any of you have some to share?

Um, 2 weekends ago I had taken Matt (umhlangarox) up to fish elandspad 3 and on our arrival back at the carpark we met two chaps (Kevin, from George, and Andrew ) whom I had met over a year before whilst fishing at Calitzdorp dam. These two guys had taken me under their wing at Calitzdorp and showed me exactly how to target the yellows there. We were greeted with 2 beers out of the coolerbox and proceeded to chat about the days events. About 20 mins later I got a call from Darryl to say that both him and Neil were having a drink at the Piscator, so the four of us hop skipped over there to join them. We had a couple beers, swapped flies with Kev2 and Andrew and discussed everything fish like. Darryl and Neil left (SWAMBO's ;-) ) and Matt and myself carried on drinking with the other two. Before we knew it we had all booked ourselves into the hotel and proceeded to drink the night away (and early part of the morning)!
    Best thing was that the next day I only had to drive 5 mins to meet Chris at the carpark to hike up to Elandspad 4 (which I had only organised at the Piscator whilst having a dop the previous night!)

So there you have it, an awesome weekend which was kick started at the carpark..
    Last edited by KevinC; 19-10-06 at 04:11 PM. Reason: eish- speelning

Two weeks ago i was lucky enough to be down in the Cape fishing the Elandspad with Kevin Cox. After a long days fishing we arrived at the car park and upon our arrival Kevin recognised the two guys that were there. He had meet them a year before on another fishing expidition.

So after a few beers we were off to meet Darryl and Neil at the Piscator. Still wet from the legs up and walking in sloshy boots we entered the Piscator and it was all down hill from there. After a few friendly beers the sensible guys left(Darryl and Neil) and we decided to stay on. We ended up getting kicked out the piscator at around 1am and retreated to our chalet where by chance Kevin had a bottle of Brandy from a previous excusrion which we sipped on untill nodding off at around two.

The next morning saw Kev up at 6am to start his long day on the Elandspad with Chris Sheelton. Thats the same trip that Chris almost killed himself on when he went swan diving. Lets just say without the existance of "Internet and Car Parks" this fun would never have been had
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Kev you read my mind
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Kev you read my mind
    Beat you to it boet!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    Um, 2 weekends ago I had taken Matt (umhlangarox) up to fish elandspad 3 and on our arrival back at the carpark we met two chaps (Kevin, from George, and Andrew ) that I had met over a year before whilst fishing at Calitzdorp dam. These two guys had taken me under their wing at Calitzdorp and showed me exactly how to target the yellows there. We were greeted with 2 beers out of the coolerbox and proceeded to chat about the days events. About 20 mins later I got a call from Darryl to say that him and Neil were drinking a beer at the Piscator, so the four of us hop skipped over there to join them. We had a couple beers, swapped flies with Kev2 and Andrew and discussed everything fish like. Darryl and Neil left (SWAMBO's ;-) ) and Matt and myself carried on drinking with the other two. Before we knew what was up we had all booked ourselves into the hotel and proceeded to drink the night away (and early part of the morning)!
    Best thing was that the next day I only had to drive 5 mins to meet Chris at the carpark to hike up to Elandspad 4 (which I had only organised at the Piscator whilst having a dop the previous night!)

So there you have it, an awesome weekend which was kick started at the carpark..
    Nice story Kevin. In fact you sparked the idea for this thread.

Now why am I never lucky enough to be greeted by a ice cold beer when I arrive at my car? Guys, in future, I'm the guy in the white X-trail, just in case you have any spare frosties to dish out!

That was the best thing about that day! Kevin and Andrew recognised my car (how I dont know) and, realising that it was almost dark, decided to wait for us. So, as we were approaching them along the service road Kev leaned into the car, plucked two beers from the cooler box and presented them to us- one of the best ways to end a stunning day!

And what a stunning day it was One that will sit comfortably in my memory bank for years to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    And what a stunning day it was One that will sit comfortably in my memory bank for years to come!
    man, I just love you guys! Heart warming stuff!

Kev, didn't Heinie loose his footing in the carpark and bliksem down before he had even gotten to the river?

I would have loved to have seen that!
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast