Thread: spooky

Default spooky

This taken from another(bass) forum...almost sounds unbeleivably has anyone ever experienced anything like this??

"Strangest thing happened to us while fishing Vygeboom yesterday,light rain began falling(no lightning/atmospherics ),we decided to target a submerged island with crankbaits,on the first cast it started.The line (from rod tip to lure) just "floated" in the air!It suspended in an arc ,drifting upwards!!This happened about 10 times to both my son and I,then all of a sudden back to normal,SPOOKY......Have fished in all kinds of weather,all over the place,but never experienced the like before.+-15 fish for the day(2.4 kg biggest fish) "

Guessing static??
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Must be, but sho that must be an awful amount of static elec then?

Quote Originally Posted by OllieOwen View Post
    Must be, but sho that must be an awful amount of static elec then?
    Ja, shocking hey
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Mario, you would be spot on, and not a joke. That static reaction although no visible lightning could kill you. Had the same experience one time at Gubu. Hour later had a thunder/lightning storm that had me shAting my boeties, then all went still and a small twister formed on the water turning me in circles for a couple of seconds. Well that twister left the water and pulverised the forest trees as it advanced on its way. Dead calm after that. Scary and spot on spooky.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Dave

you really have to lay of the cabbage juice. it really isn't doing you any good
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

The Aliens obviously decided that the Crankbait was the superior lifeform in the vicinity and decided to beam it up to the mothership for observation.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by FCLoretz View Post
    Dave

you really have to lay of the cabbage juice. it really isn't doing you any good
    Only saw this ''chirp'' now You're learning fast here Frederick
    Strue bru

P.S. Cabbage juice has a WARNING label, AGED for the AGED.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Electricity likes me and I don't like it. Trust me it doesn't feel too good once it knocks you on your butt and you wait for your heart to start pumping again. Happened to me more than once if you can believe that.

If this happens to me I'll crap myself a Porche and get the hell out of there.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.