Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meeting RE: Taking steps to enforce the law on the Vaal

1. Default Meeting RE: Taking steps to enforce the law on the Vaal

Hi Guys,

Right, so it seems like there's a lot of us who want to make changes and to be honest, I don't think much impact will be made if we're all doing our own thing. I've chatted to Andrew and we both think it would be great if we could all get together and discuss how to move forward and incorporate all these positive ideas. As a solid "team" I think that we would be able to pull our resources together and head for the same goal.

So, we will have a meeting on Tuesday, 25th October 2011 at 7pm to discuss the "game plan" and how to go about it. Please let me know how many of you would be interested in attending so that we get a venue big enough. If there aren't too many people, we could do it at mine and Damien's place...but if there's any more than 4 of us, we'll need a bigger venue!

So, who's keen to put their words into action???
    ~ Tie me, Fly me, Whip me, Strip me...

nice idea, hope you guys get some support. I'll be casting a line in the Transkei on that day unfortunately
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Just a thought, imagine a beat booking system for the vaal like this:

http://www.wyeuskfoundation.org/fish...office/usk.php
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

4. Default

WOW! That would be amazing hey?!
    You never know - maybe we could accomplish it!!!

Will be there.
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Guys if you do go this route, I'll be glad to do all the technological stuff, booking automation, website, the whole nine yards.

If we want to do this properly, we will need to register a NPO. Call it "Yellowfish Governing Authority" or something like that. Then we talk to government and get buy-in from them, the business sector and the media. In the North West I can help you there.

It is going to be a process of time, perseverance and patience so if you are not willing to commit to this, don't do it. Go all the way or leave it.

If you guys can setup a Skype conference i would very much like to attend the meeting. You should look at this anyway to include a larger audience and cover a larger area of the country.

Just my humble opinion. Your's would be appreciated.
    Great! Thank you!!! Will definitely keep that in mind!

This is definitely something that is going to take time - not going to change overnight. But, it's better than sitting back complaining all the time and never doing anything. Will look if we can get a Skype setup for the meeting as soon as we've confirmed where it will be held.

pencil me in. I will confirm closer to the time.
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

I'd get someone from the yfwg involved too
    /d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Angi is going to approach Peter Ardene who she was in contact with regarding the oord nebo snippet in their latest ywg news letter to see if he can come to the meeting.

cheers
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Awesome good luck guys !,
    I would pop in but the 14 hr drive home is a little far ......

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast