Thread: Mckenzie tying lamp

Arrow Mckenzie tying lamp

This looks quite cool. Thinking of getting one or similar. Who sells something similar locally?
    Gerrit Viljoen

Gerrit

I have no idea who sells them but that does look like the perfect solution. Will also fit in your travelling kit.

Let us know if you find something locally.

Cheers
    MC

Hi Mc,

Murray used to but don't anymore. They were selling for R1300 at the time. If I don't find something locally I'll probably go for a Mckenzie just need to find out about the power supply first.

They look the bizz!!!!!!
    Gerrit Viljoen

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    This looks quite cool. Thinking of getting one or similar. Who sells something similar locally?
    Hi Gerrit, I made a LV (12v) for someone once for use in the bundu.

You can get most of the parts from a lighting shop (gooseneck, lampholder) and wing the rest from bits and pieces, like the shade.
    If you want it 230v, then still use a LV bipin lamp (or dichroic) and get a small electronic transformer.
    Regards
    Craig

Gerrit,
    I have a Daylight Company flytying desk lamp, but what I use instead is a LED headlamp.
    I retired my Energizer tilt-head LED headlamp to flytying when I got my Ledlenser H7R. Easy to use, white light, uses rechargable AAA.

Give it a try before spending big bucks on another option (and halogen gets HOT!)
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Gary,

I didn't really have a Mining headlamp listed as an item on my shopping list.. But, the H14R looks cool for traveling. I can't say I'm ready to wear a strap around my neck while I'm suppose to be sitting in absolute comfort at my home but who knows maybe the headlamp grows on me in the next couple of months. For the time being I'm content with my current setup.

Ps.I read some reviews about the Mckenzie lamp on Cabelas and the okes weren't too happy with it. It doesn't even have a switch and they reckoned it's way too expensive.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 21-10-11 at 05:51 PM.
    Gerrit Viljoen

Gary,

I didn't really have a Mining headlamp listed as an item on my shopping list.. But, the H14R looks cool for traveling.

Ps.I read some reviews about the Mckenzie lamp on Cabelas and the okes weren't too happy with it. It doesn't even have a switch and they reckoned it's way too expensive.
    Hi Gerrit.
    I do a lot of tying on my lap, even @ home, so the Energizer LED headlamp gets the most use.
    I love my Ledlenser H7R - great for fishing (used it tonight) , but while the H14R has even higher output, it is too big & heavy for fishing.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins