Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Lessons learned by getting smoked

Quote Originally Posted by Jono Shales View Post
    Show me pictures of bust rods, frayed leaders, straightened hooks and hands with line burns.

Like this one for example ... bet you couldn't guess what happened to this one

Jono, hope this is not a consistency maybe Paul is correct with guys under gunning fish on to light tackle
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Pops....a blue bone bit it in half....True Story....
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    Pops....a blue bone bit it in half....True Story....
    HE..HE..HE..Take your word here on this.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

True story, the fish bit my rod in half.

I was stalking these 'blue bone' or black spot tusk fish as they are known, wading the flats ... spotted a nice one, made the cast, hooked up, fought and landed the fish. My mate was with me and he had the camera so we waded closer to shore into shallower water to take a pic. I was cradling the fish against me and it kicked, I dropped it and proceeded to chase it, lunging at it's tail so I could grab it for the pic. Anyway I managed to grab it and hold onto it.

So I put my rod down next to my mate's as he was getting the camera out the bag, I was kneeling down holding the fish in the water and again it kicked it's tail and shot forward and literally t-boned my 9wt in it's mouth. SNAP, just like bolt cutters through balsa, my rod was bitten in half.

Lesson learned ... stay away from the business end of fish that eat urchins, crabs and coral for breakfast! Still managed to get the pic though so it was worth it.

Fantastic, what a beautiful fish. Nice one Jono. Lucky that wasnt your finger.
    Last edited by Andre s; 21-11-11 at 08:21 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567