Thread: Bass fishing at Blue Gum Grove

Default Bass fishing at Blue Gum Grove

Decided today to go for a quick bass fishing trip to Blue Gum Grove. Only fished for about two hours but managed to land quite a few Small mouth and Large mouth bass.

The smaller fish were hitting my popper quite hard and it was fun seeing the surface action, but the bigger fish would just come up and inspect the popper for minutes at a time and wouldn't commit.

THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Frustrating seeing the fish just laying there.

Decided to tie on a Fish Skull streamer and first cast one of the bigger fish chased it. It came straight at me and I watched to fish open its mouth and engulfed it. I was a bit quick on the gun though and pulled the fly out of its mouth. Two casts later and I was on to another decent fish.

THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."

The Fish Skull fly that did the damage.

Another decent size fish

THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

Some good fish! Well done
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali