Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Barbel photo thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Barbel photo thread.

Not sure how many guys catch Barbel on purposebut i would like to see where they are coming out and what size they averaging.Post any barbel pics here with some discriptions of weight,fly,where it was caught etc.
    from left top:9kg,8kg,15.5kg,12.5kg,9kg,19.85,18kg,7.5kg
    Last edited by core fly; 29-10-11 at 07:46 AM.

Good idea. Can be used for tracking fish distribution. This one isn't huge but the interesting thing is that it was caught in near total sea-water. I hooked it in a wave at Coastal Park in Muizenberg Western Cape. Fly was a pink egg-sucking leech.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 29-10-11 at 08:15 AM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

These all come from the modder river and krugersdrift dam.

I love to chalenge barbell and use my half chickens from black to white but black with red tail and red rubber tails seem to work best most of my fish come out the vaal river at parys area from 1 to bout 16 and now an then a white lip 16 plus never weigh them just big fun use 9weight rod with floating line an popper to call them in sor no pics on phone at the moment
    Fresh water gt I call them lol
    You cant change yesterday but you CAN make a diferance in tomorow !!!

Here are two of my better cats.

The one was on the modder with John and the bigger boy is from upcountry.
    I went out on sat to go try pick up something substantial on my #10 CD I thought I was loaded for bear with .35 maxima and a #1/0 JM platanna I popped a cast out to some cruisers and was changing my position on the bank when all hell broke loose. The line went taught with such speed that it spun me around, nearly wretching the rod from my hands bucking the tip down wildly before popping me off. the moral of the story is make sure your line hasnt wrapped around the rod butt...

"All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Here's a sequence of pics on how I catch them......

Quote Originally Posted by markdej View Post
    Here are two of my better cats.

Straight out of the East Rand.....

Dinner in hand and Gunston in mouth.

A friend of mine caught this beast the past weekend.We estimate between 18-20kg.He was fishing for carp and when he saw the monster shadow he put two carp flies on to get the fishes attention.Came from Knellpoort dam.Guess wher im going this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    A friend of mine caught this beast the past weekend.We estimate between 18-20kg.He was fishing for carp and when he saw the monster shadow he put two carp flies on to get the fishes attention.Came from Knellpoort dam.Guess wher im going this weekend.
    Nice fish, monster! I take it he photo shopped the pic to get his fly rod in also? I can see the fish is really that big though.

He had his friend hold the rod in the camera view to show it was caught on fly.This was taken on his phone,hence bad quality.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast