Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice PLEASE

Hey guys,
    Man im having poo trying to post a new topic. Anyhoo,

Sorry to hijack this thread but im green to the art of fly fishing. I have spent the last few days searching and running google to the max and today i went and got my first ever fly rod.

Needless to say, walking into the shop was very overwhelming, so many things and all of them are screaming at me to buy them! :-)
    Long story short, walked out with a Explorer classic 2 combo with a tapered leader, floating line and backing, a nice vest, knot less net and a few flies for R2500. I think i gotta nice combo for the price. Time will tell.

As I said, sorry to hijack the topic, this one being the closest to my problem I thought I'd just introduce myself and say I can't believe I haven't looked into fly fishing a long time ago. All those years of feeding carp with nothing to show but a tan and a hangover has come to an end!
    Now please excuse me, I need to go do some more research, planning to hit a local dam this weekend to try out my new toys. Any and all advice, links, tricks and tips welcome. This old dog needs a few new tricks
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    Hey guys,
    Man im having poo trying to post a new topic. Anyhoo,

Sorry to hijack this thread but im green to the art of fly fishing. I have spent the last few days searching and running google to the max and today i went and got my first ever fly rod.

Needless to say, walking into the shop was very overwhelming, so many things and all of them are screaming at me to buy them! :-)
    Long story short, walked out with a Explorer classic 2 combo with a tapered leader, floating line and backing, a nice vest, knot less net and a few flies for R2500. I think i gotta nice combo for the price. Time will tell.

As I said, sorry to hijack the topic, this one being the closest to my problem I thought I'd just introduce myself and say I can't believe I haven't looked into fly fishing a long time ago. All those years of feeding carp with nothing to show but a tan and a hangover has come to an end!
    Now please excuse me, I need to go do some more research, planning to hit a local dam this weekend to try out my new toys. Any and all advice, links, tricks and tips welcome. This old dog needs a few new tricks
    :-)
    Welcome.

Scroll down, bottom right is a FORUM JUMP drop-down menu; go to the relevant section (e.g. yellowfish), you will then have a START THREAD button.

Also use the SEARCH function from top menu bar; LOTS of info on here... much better than GOOGLE
    Barend Esterhuizen Pr Eng

"But engineering isn't about perfect solutions; it's about doing the best you can with limited resources."
    The last lecture, Randy Pausch

Thanks for all the advice, I ended up buying a Stealth Magnum + for R800.00 new. Thought it was a bargain and the rod feels great.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12