Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5wt 10ft 91grams

Default 5wt 10ft 91grams

Picked up my new TFO BVK 5wt 10ft today, all 91 grams of it. USPS is pretty amazing!

First impression is that it is very LIGHT, swing weight is flippin brilliant for a 10ft'er, and the action feels spot on for me casting a 5wt sci-ang GPX taper. I really like the plain finishes, and the cork quality seems very decent. On Sunday I hope to test it out on some foosh.

Next week the second part of the equation arrives - Ross Evo LT2 (2 of them, actually). 220 grams, so they should suit the BVK perfectly. Gotta love online shopping and US prices
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

2. Default

Awesome!! Getting a #10 blank in a few weeks! Great to hear you are happy with that rod!! Shot!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Awesome!! Getting a #10 blank in a few weeks! Great to hear you are happy with that rod!! Shot!!
    I still want that VXP 6 weight we discussed Just maybe not in 10ft now.

We'll chat before the end of the year I suspect

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post

We'll chat before the end of the year I suspect
    Neil says it's a great #6 in a 9'0 if I remember correctly.

Important thing now it to christen that BVK
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

That's the plan for tomorrow

Talking about christening a rod. The girlfriend allways looks at me funny when I pick up my rods for a seesion and I say "come hear my boys, lets go".

Enjoy it.

Brian
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

7. Default

For me it's extremely important to breathe life into your new gear - it's a very emotional thing for me, especially if it's something I made or built up for myself or someone else. It's a "dead" object until there is life attached to it in some way. Weird, I know ....
    Mario Geldenhuys

Well, the new rod is christened and I'm officially a convert to 10ft rods. WAY better for nymphing, and I really enjoyed casting longer lines for largies with it too. The BVK has a superb action. I packed it away after lunch and took the 3wt for a spin, and bumped into a 2.2kg largie while nymphing Great fun though!

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    Graham - it is a fantastic rod but so is the 9ft. Got my Dad a 9ft and myself a 10ft and they are both very impressive, but to me the 10ft 6wt is special!
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by briansflyfishing View Post
    Talking about christening a rod. The girlfriend allways looks at me funny when I pick up my rods for a seesion and I say "come hear my boys, lets go".

Enjoy it.

Brian
    Love it when a plan comes together, hey.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast