Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Don't buy the wife Arum Lillies

Default Don't buy the wife Arum Lillies

I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Ya, it's a bit scary, the arum lilly is under severe threat from human encroachment, and if it goes, so does the frog. Most of the arums sold in the Cape at trffic lights are picked illegally, but the pickers don't know this, besides, what's the concern about a small frog, when your family is starving.
    For your info, arums are not allowed to be picked on any public land, and may not be picked within 50m of a public road. If you want to pick them on private land, you need the landowners permission.
    If you look into a bunch of arums at a traffic light, you will see at least a few of these frogs, in any buch.
    Look, its niot only the Arum frog thats in trouble, all of the Cape's indiginous frogs are in serious sh1t form degredation of wetlands, and their habitat being depleted due to development. The Tabkle Mountain ghost frog is almost extinct, and the leoprd toad is also heading that way
    http://www.edgeofexistence.org/amphi...nfo.php?id=561
    http://www.leopardtoad.co.za/
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

rather go on a hike with your wife where they occur naturally and enjoy them in their wild splendor... we as technologically advanced humans don't appreciate or get into nature enough anymore. I mean how many guys and girls do you know who won't even camp? Sad Sad indeed.

A couple of those little guys on a hook will make good bait! If you collect enough you could even chum with them!
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Mix them with Twee Riviere Redfin and put all in a berley bag and chum behind your Ark for maximum results whilst trolling for Clanwilliam yellows. Use the remains of the chum stuffed inside the yellows at your braai afterwards..
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

The Table Mountain ghost frog.............i don't believe in ghosts so this one can't be real.

Comes guys i am not feeling the love hear for our frogs....
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Mix them with Twee Riviere Redfin and put all in a berley bag and chum behind your Ark for maximum results whilst trolling for Clanwilliam yellows. Use the remains of the chum stuffed inside the yellows at your braai afterwards..
    Problem is someone will tell you that if you aren't chumming off the back of a Heron then you aren't doing it right ;-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

If you're trolling for indigenous fish it's the done thing to use a locally-made inflatable. However if trolling for exotics such as trout it is deemed acceptable to use an oveaseas-made brand
    Last edited by chris williams; 24-08-10 at 01:43 PM.
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    If you're trolling for indinenous fish it's the done thing to use a locally-made inflatable. However if trolling for exotics such as trout it is deemed acceptable to use an oveaseas-made brand
    ARK's are made about 3km from my house - does that classify them as exotic?

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    ARK's are made about 3km from my house - does that classify them as exotic?
    Fishoek sounds Exotic to anyone north of Bellville.
    James Boswell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast