Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tiger Fish Newby

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Which particular area of the zambezi - tactics will differ considerably between the falls area, top of kariba, chirundu, mana, kenyemba etc?

Will you be fishing from a boat or the bank?
    The name of the place, well I dont have any idea. All I know is we are going through Botswana and from there into Zimbabwe. We have a boat at our disposal so ya. My mate says it is the lower part of the Zambezi. Does that help??

Otherwise I will give him a call tonight and here what he says..

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    The name of the place, well I dont have any idea. All I know is we are going through Botswana and from there into Zimbabwe. We have a boat at our disposal so ya. My mate says it is the lower part of the Zambezi. Does that help??

Otherwise I will give him a call tonight and here what he says..
    Do yourself a favour...take spinning rods too, with coffee grinders and lures...like Mepps spinner, normal hooks for bait-fishing, etc. They can be difficult on fly...so if nothing works, crank some mepps spinners or Rapala crankbaits through the water. Then when you've caught a MENEER (okay, Mevrou...only the females get really big... ), then switch to fly again.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Do yourself a favour...take spinning rods too, with coffee grinders and lures...like Mepps spinner, normal hooks for bait-fishing, etc. They can be difficult on fly...so if nothing works, crank some mepps spinners or Rapala crankbaits through the water. Then when you've caught a MENEER (okay, Mevrou...only the females get really big... ), then switch to fly again.
    Hi Mike, ya that dept is covered. My mate is a big lure angler so he has all that stuff... Will def give that a go as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Hi Mike, ya that dept is covered. My mate is a big lure angler so he has all that stuff... Will def give that a go as well.
    Cool man. One of my big mates is an ex-Zim boy, and he has fished that river more than anyone I know. He also told me that he tried fly-fishing for them (he's a big bass man, lure angler, etc) but failed. He said he did however have success in catching smaller fish like baitfish, small nembwe, etc etc on his trout flies...mostly white and orange bead-head wooly buggers. These they caught, and promptly filleted for tigerfish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2