Thread: Fishing the Cape Streams

Default Fishing the Cape Streams

Hi Guys,

I have lived in the Cape for 4 years now and I have still never been out fishing on any of the streams. Yes I know it is bad, but studies have been in the way for some time now. I have fished a few of the rivers in the Eastern Cape and elsewhere but I am still quite a novice when it comes to fishing for trout on streams. I have 17years experience on still waters and a few years in salt but would really like to head out to some of the streams around Stellenbosch area.

As I am not so experienced I am hoping that there is someone who wouldn't mind showing me the ropes on a few of the streams. I am particularly interested in Holsloot and Smalbaar. I am not currently a member of CPS, as I would like to go out and see what it is all about before I join. If anyone is keen to join me on a trip in the coming weekends please let me know.

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd
    It would be better to wait a while for some cooler weather and also a bit of rain. The fishing can be very tough at the moment because of high temps and low water. Especially if it is your first time, you want all the dice aligned. I fished last in Jan due to the high temps and water. I will gladly take you but a bit later in the season.
    Cheers
    Roland
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the update. Will definitely wait a bit then before heading out there, plenty of other fishing to do in the mean time. Thanks for the offer to take me out on the streams, I will be taking you up on that.

Cheers

Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by System123 View Post
    Hi Roland,

Thanks for the update. Will definitely wait a bit then before heading out there, plenty of other fishing to do in the mean time. Thanks for the offer to take me out on the streams, I will be taking you up on that.

Cheers

Lloyd
    Lloyd, Rols is the only "guide" I fish with when I get the very few chances to fish the Cape Streams. :biggrin:

Why, when I have had offers from the TOP Cape Stream f/f.

Simple actually, Rols, Jasper and Nicholas were the first people to respond to a request , looooong ago for help in organising a short Gauteng trip to the Cape Streams for a pair of newbies.:biggrin:

Rols is the " Original " no airs or graces guy, and has an almost decent liver to cope with the after fishing.

Enjoy when you get the chance.
    Last edited by Herman Jooste; 05-03-13 at 08:50 PM.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Good to know that there are people out there like Rols who are still willing to help out guys new to the streams. Looking forward to some rain so I can get out there.

some rain predicted for Friday.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension