Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sage Click Reels, Year Models?

Quote Originally Posted by nickvz View Post
    I looked on Alibaba's website now and I saw a bunch of 'sage' reels with the white writing, this is either an xplorer (tipex) like tiaan said or a paper mache reel. I do not believe that sage ever made reels. I saw nothing on their website.
    They definatly both Sage reels. Remember that Sage has their reels made in China, Explore also isnt a manufacturer, their reels are also sourced from China.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I cant think President Trump would allow an american brand to use chinese reels. That does not sound plausible.
    Tiaan

Fly Fishing Addict

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

I looked on Alibaba's website now and I saw a bunch of 'sage' reels with the white writing, this is either an xplorer (tipex) like tiaan said or a paper mache reel. I do not believe that sage ever made reels. I saw nothing on their website.
    I check Sages website very often and they definitely had Click reels with white writing. The reason why they don't have them anymore is because they were discontinued in favour of the new design currently on their website. As a side note, Xplorer copies designs and label them with their own branding.

Here: http://frontrangeanglers.com/shop/sage-click-fly-reel/

Don't lus to argue with fools!!!

A lot of Sage reel owners/dealers/distributors must be VERY confused right now
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    A lot of Sage reel owners/dealers/distributors must be VERY confused right now
    Yip, LOL. Glad I don't know one with white writing...

Stanton is correct.I have a sage click from 2010 it has black writing on and the logo and the "clickII" is embossed into the reel.The pouch has "Sage" stitched/embroided on the flap.I purchased this reel directly from Sage when i was in the states.
    I also purchased one in 2014 and it has indeed white writing and logo and "clickii" in white.Not embossed.The reel pouch has "sage" printed in white on the flap.Also purchased from a large sage dealer in the States.Obviously NOT fake.

I do not believe that sage ever made reels. I saw nothing on their website.
    Maybe you looked on the fake website???

https://www.sageflyfish.com/products/reels/essential

https://www.sageflyfish.com/products/reels/specialty
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

http://www.sageflyfish.com/product/s...y/click-series

So .... many .... white ... logos ......
    Mario Geldenhuys

If you look closely at Ivann's reel you can see someone tipexed it themselves. It looks like when I colored in stuff in primary school and went over the lines.
    Tiaan

Fly Fishing Addict

I have zoomed in on the reel at the bottom and you can see that they attempted to cover up the xplorer logo with tipexsagefake.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast