Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Newcomer

Default Newcomer

Hi,

As per wernerm's request: I'd like to introduce myself. Been fly-fishing approx. three years. Mainly yellowfish around Parys, trout once or twice a year in KZN (Mooirivier), Boven, E Cape (Lupela), Memel and Lydenburg.

Hope to try Rhodes / Ugie this year. I don't see any other ladies on the forum, but hopefully that will change. Might be interested in taking part in a competition or two, so will look out for info on these if they pop up. Will also be at the FF Expo in March, so hope to meet some of you there.

I enjoy the advice / tips from the established members, but find that i sometimes have more success following my own methods.

Co-ords? Dunno what you mean, but if you mean location, I'm in Joburg.

QUOTE=Al1;212016]
    Co-ords? Dunno what you mean, but if you mean location, I'm in Joburg.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, No Al1, its a personel joke between me and some of the guys here. As we don't like to share our locations publicaly, thats all it is.

But welcome anyway Al1 from Joburg

Welcome Alet and thanks for the intro, the forumers generally hit the water every other week so you are welcome to join us on one of those. Watch out for one of the Vaal trip threads. For actual competitions you will have to look at joining a club. Since you're in Gauteng I would suggest a visit to The Transvaal Fly-Tyers Guild, they meet up regularly and have awesome tyers from around the country visit them on said evening.

PS: My rude post wasn't aimed at you, it was some other idiot, if he is for real I'm going to flog him publicly just the same.
    Last edited by wernerm; 09-01-12 at 04:14 PM.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

haha...the issues of being good at what you do hey

welcome Al, thought i had seen your name before and that you may have been provoked to posting that
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears

Hi Alet welcome! Are you single?

Welcome Alet, hope you enjoy it here, this forum has some great contributers and you should be able to get some great info. Enjoy

PS There are other ladies on board, Elizevh, Angie and the Largie Whisperer

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Hi Alet welcome! Are you single?
    ROTFLMAO, shame Gerrit, ek hoop jy kom reg
    Last edited by wernerm; 09-01-12 at 04:41 PM.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gazzarowan View Post
    haha...the issues of being good at what you do hey

welcome Al, thought i had seen your name before and that you may have been provoked to posting that
    Dit was nie vir haar nie, 'n ander poepol gee my 'n blerrie PM vir venue name, die forum het reels wat jy moet lees as jy join

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvd View Post
    There are other ladies on board, Elizevh, Angie and the Largie Whisperer
    LOL, again, where's the points button

BTW, I'm not the only one that gets annoyed with freeloaders:

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...328#post211328

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast