Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Infanta

Default Infanta

Hi guys,
    i will be heading up to Infanta this coming long weekend, and was wondering, Has anyone fished here recently? with it being fairly toward the end of the season, i am curious about whether or not the fish are biting.

any info would be much appreciatted,
    Nick
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

I am currently in Witsand and though the weather has been teribble I managed to catch quite a number of leeries and a lot of elf. On Saterday i landed 12 leeries in about two hours with the biggest about 45cm. All on small flippers. On Sunday the wind was howling with lots of rain. I only went down to the river for a short while and though i had a few fish chase my fly I only landed one small leerie. I went down again this morning on the dropping tide and caught about 30 small elf, with the biggest one about 30cm. The fish is definately still here, but as mentioned I am on the Witsand side.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Quote Originally Posted by Morne View Post
    I am currently in Witsand and though the weather has been teribble I managed to catch quite a number of leeries and a lot of elf. On Saterday i landed 12 leeries in about two hours with the biggest about 45cm. All on small flippers. On Sunday the wind was howling with lots of rain. I only went down to the river for a short while and though i had a few fish chase my fly I only landed one small leerie. I went down again this morning on the dropping tide and caught about 30 small elf, with the biggest one about 30cm. The fish is definately still here, but as mentioned I am on the Witsand side.
    Excellent going there Morne. I need to get back down there and chase some Leerie.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Lots of baby Leeries aorund apparently. It seems that the big boys have left for KZN already.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Excellent going there Morne. I need to get back down there and chase some Leerie.
    Yip, Witsand is really a magical place. Sadly as we are packing up now the weathers is finally clearing for a change. On the way to Gourits now, so hope the fishing is as good there.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."

Quote Originally Posted by Morne View Post

Where in Witsand did you fish cuz i am there every weekend and every day that im not working.

What about the Grunter? im fairly keen on trying for one
    Could you please sugget a few spots to try for the Leeries?
    And, surely there would still be a few larger fish lurking

Nick
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

Quote Originally Posted by Flippie View Post
    Where in Witsand did you fish cuz i am there every weekend and every day that im not working.
    I was fishing mainly close to the mouth area on the Witsand side. From the area of the jetty to just around that first bend to the right as you head down to the mouth. I thing you posted a picture of the area before on another thread.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

Yes ok i know exactly where you were fishing have you tried a crease fly with a smaller clouser or baitfish pattern behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by fishlover1 View Post
    What about the Grunter? im fairly keen on trying for one
    Could you please sugget a few spots to try for the Leeries?

Nick
    Don't worry Nick.

I know two spots where the Elf hang out. I'm sure that we'll find the Leeries in the kind of spots you usually find them. As for grunter - only waste one day of the weekend on them. There's too much other great fishing there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast