Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 35 Cumax at Arendsnes

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    No prob CJ, I wasn't hinting to come with you, I can get to it relatively easy, its just down the road from my house. I'll get to it one day!

But rather keep these invites in PM's as Scythe mentioned earlier.
    Was'nt taken as a hint! Just come with when you get invited!!!

I disaggree with whats been said about venue's posting,reports and foto's.People can go to venues regardless of their forum status.They don't need us to convince them.

They don't need a forum pic,report to go there.Eendekuil does their own marketing and some of the other venue does the same.The usual venues in and around Gauteng has been there for many years,well before I started flyfishing.

I am not going to hint at someone like it was done to me wrt Eendekuil.I am the only one that posted pics,reports about it recently so obviously I was the "revered" to party.But what about when deciding on a venue for the past 5 Vaal trips?Should those also have been kept to a pm basis?

I am not going to pm every tom,dick and harry to come and fish with me just for the sake off keeping poach forumers/others away from the water or keeping my favourate fishing spots a secret.It's not always possible communicating to a stranger.Once u've met,ja then its different.

I've only kept quiet about last Sundays venue because Herman asked me not to.And the venue of my Mpuma idea.

If we had no guests/forum poachers I would have mentioned the name no problem.I've got a problem with someone who wants everything spoon fed without making an effort/attempt to contribute.I've got absolutely no problem sharing ideas,fly recipes,venues and the like as long as I see appreciation in return by way of a thanks, or an invitation to a venue or a braai or whatever.It takes 2 to tango!!!

But having said all this,we will always have members and guests.So logically we'll have to be carefull and cautios about what we say and do.If you choose to do so.Keep ur info private and do whatever but don't ask me to revert to pm's to get by otherwise it's goodbuy for me.I will keep posting pics,share info on flies and venues.If someone has a problem with this don't make yours mine.

I'll only stop if admin asks me to and then its buy buy anyway.It defies the object of having a knowledgeable,interactive,helpful,informative and fun forum.

Surely sharing info/ideas is part of making this site a success?What about guys who sell their stuff or promoting their companies for that matter.

Imagine they had to do it all via pm?This is getting to much and way to serious for my liking.

Why is it that theres always a hoe ha between certain members?U always get tuned for something THEY don't aggree with and if not the latter,u get tuned by the tunor's buddy making this personal and uncomfortable to others who doesn't give a fak.Hell all they want is info and fun whilst doing it.

Come to think of it,if we all pm'd each other,the forumers,fishing buddies to go fish Eendekuil/other venue,the spot will go bonkers anyway. So in my opinion there goes that theory as well.

Ciao
    Unhappy G.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 16-01-08 at 07:03 PM.

If the venue is a well known COMMERCIAL operation, eg Arends, Eendekuil, Strome, Geelvis etc. I will always post the name and any pics taken.THese venues are already well frequented and should a Newbie decide to try out f/f and go to one of these venues and ask nicely, I'm sure that the more experienced anglers will give them some advice.

When it comes to a "gem", private or not, that has been found via hours of Google Earth, physically going there, spending many hours learning the water and the ever changing "quirks", then it stays by invitation only.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Ja Oom Herman but this is personal choice,u chose to keep yours "secret" and asked us to do the same,which I did.And that is fine with me.

By respecting your wish so to speak I only posted pics of the fish,me and wade and some others.

People shouldn't ask me to keep quiet,I'm not saying they did,if I wanna post pics and mention venue names,leave me alone!!!

But I do understand ur point,Dizzy's and Bertu's.Does not mean I have to aggree with it.

Hell I'm gonna post a pic of my 6kg smallmouth,give u the fly name/pattern,post tying instructions for those who want them,mention the venue's name.If it wasn't about sharing by way of dvd's,books,seminars,clubs,etc NONE of us will be as good or bad as we currently are.So I ask you?

I might not post the exact spot though which would not help anyone as that fish won't be there again most of the time anyway.

Gerrit
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 16-01-08 at 07:04 PM.

Gerrit, I appreciate yours and the other members silence re last Sundays venue. Can you inagine what chaos would rule if 50 or so f/f tried to fish that limited area. It would be stuffed within 1 month.
    It IS challenging and QUIET, I would really like to keep it that way
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Gerrit, I appreciate yours and the other members silence re last Sundays venue. Can you inagine what chaos would rule if 50 or so f/f tried to fish that limited area. It would be stuffed within 1 month.
    It IS challenging and QUIET, I would really like to keep it that way
    No problem Herman,sal jou nie teleurstel nie.

I don't wanna be seen as THE camakaze forumer who does what he wants,when and how.

I'll take caution on my foto's,etc of venue's which was only possible by way of the invitation I got.

Enough said

Ta
    G

Ya I know what you mean.It's like the Zoolake there on a Aunday afternoon.We don't enter from Arends.We enter the water from a few spots above there.Good dry fly water,however fishing pressure starting to take its toll.Cumax is the folw of the water,basically the amount of cubic metres per second flowing downstream.Deoending on the spot you fishing,you can fish up to 80 cumax.Ideally you want to fish between 12 and 20 cumax,12 being normal vaal flow.
    Mohammed Sujee

Quote Originally Posted by moesujee1@gmail.com View Post
    Cumax is the folw of the water
    Surely you mean cumecs then as in cubic meters per second ? CuMAX sounds like your saying bye bye to Maximum

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    ... People shouldn't ask me to keep quiet, blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda etc ...
    This whole rant is clearly aimed at me. Look mate I used the name Eendekuil as Eendekuil is the first commercial venue that came to mind. If you re-read my post again it was said in reference to a venue on the Blaauwbank. Clearly there is a bit of a difference between a commercial Vaal venue and a private sensitive small stream environment that won't be able to sustain a large number of anglers.

Sorry if you took offence to a conversation I was having with someone else, next time if I'm posting a comment that has no bearing on you Gerrit, I'll be sure to add a disclaimer saying "This is not aimed at Gerrit"

Geez, makes one think thrice before posting anything.

Think, before you drink, before you click "Post Reply"
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    before you click "Post Reply"
    Ye I did,long and hard,then realised why would u mention Eendekuil?Seeing that I was the only one posting pics about it recently. Leave ur disclaimer,that would be silly.Whats wrong with a bit of discussion even if it wasn't aimed at a spesific person?

If u've got a problem with what I said please pm me and we can discuss it or meet at Sollys.It felt as if u were hinting at me and that is/was unfair because there is daily reports on the Cape streams as well.This rant as u call it is not aimed at u only Bertu,read further and u'll find it's a general observation on my part and my view on posting pics,etc and keeping it private ot not.

I'm not going to apologise for having a different view on posting pics and what not.But I'll make sure I respect your wishes and of the others who do not want their venues mentioned publicly.

Lekker dag my ou maat

G
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 17-01-08 at 08:29 AM.

Dont be so sensitive!

You'll be sorry one day when there are 100 guys on your piece of water and there's no space for you!
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast